Can crystals impact a predicted future?

kanra

Hey everyone! I'm quite new to the whole idea of Tarot, and this just came to mind while I was reading around.

I guess the simplest example would be if a psychic told you the next year of your life would be loveless, and you started wearing (and decorating your home with) rose quartz. Do you think this impact your future at all?

I understand tarot readings aren't necessarily set in stone, but for something like love, where it's more about connections (as opposed to actions - like avoiding roads if you've been told you'll be involved in an accident etc.) can you change a prediction?

jolie_amethyst

You can often change a predicted outcome without crystals, so I don't see why using crystals couldn't influence something similar.

That said, if the reason you're not going to meet Mr. or Mrs. Right this year is because you never leave the house, it would be unlikely in the extreme that something like surrounding yourself with rose quartz will make a difference. As I told someone else recently, it seems to me that crystals enhance & focus what's already there. They compliment whatever other things you are doing to improve your odds of getting your preferred outcome. They don't just magically materialze that outcome by themselves. That rose quartz might help you love yourself a bit more, or open your heart a bit to receiving love, but if you don't put yourself in the right place to meet people you're compatible with, you're still not going to end up with a new potential mate.

Or to put it another way, I have a creativity grid in my office, filled with a laundry list of crystals that are supposed to be potent boosters of creativity. But those crystals aren't going to do anything themselves; if I don't actually take that creative urge they're feeding me and DO SOMETHING with it, then really, they're just a nice display of shiny rocks. They can't write the rest of this book on my behalf, no matter how much I wish it was that easy.

Hemera

I personally believe that nothing is set in stone. Predicted future is true at the moment it is predicted and that´s it. It´s like a ship going one way -but you are the captain and you can always alter its course and change the goal.
Personally I don´t think I would believe a predicted outcome like "a loveless year ahead". But I might take it as an advice to start thinking about this area in my life (feelings, trusting others etc) Wearing a rose quartz might not be a bad idea. It could symbolise my personal change of course or change of focus (feelings first, career second, for example, if you know what I mean).

celticnoodle

I agree with Jolie and Hemera, that first of all, nothing is set in stone and you can often change an outcome without crystals, so why not with using crystals too? This is why psychic readings, tarot card readings and all are helpful to us. It gives us a possible snapshot of what 'might' be and allow us the time to prepare for it and possibly change it for the better.

I also love how Hemera states, "you are the captain and you can always alter its course and change the goal." Jolie pretty much stated the same thing. The crystals can help you, but only if you are also willing to take charge of the situation and work to change it to a better outcome yourself.

So, while surrounding yourself with Rose Quartz is helpful to put you in the right frame of mind perhaps, you still have to get yourself out into the world and work at finding relationships that may prove to be fruitful for you. So, if love is what you are looking for-get out and mingle with people in areas that you are comfortable in.

starburst_au

Welcome! And thanks for posting....

I think that like others have mentioned, the future isn't set in stone. Things that you want to manifest or change in your life is totally up to you.

I like crystals, but i'm not an expert - however with a quick google i found some info on roze quartz

"Quartz-Rose Crystal Healing Properties. Rose Quartz is a translucent or transparent pink crystal. It is known as the 'Love Stone' and is said to be the stone of unconditional love. This crystal opens the Heart Chakra and is believed to encourage forgiveness and to help you to let go of anger, resentment and jealousy"

So in terms of wearing a rose quartz, do you want to be opening your heart up more? Or do you feel that your heart chakra needs to be open more to encourage forgiveness, let go of anger and resentment + jealousy?

just something to think about?

Cheers,
SB