Misplacing a stone

Sushi

I had a gemstone out the other day, using it and I misplaced it. Do you think it might be a sign not to use it for the purpose I had in mind?

Apollonia

I had a gemstone out the other day, using it and I misplaced it. Do you think it might be a sign not to use it for the purpose I had in mind?
Yes, it could well be that the stone doesn't want to be used for that purpose. Next time, maybe ask it right away before you do much else with it, so you know you are using a stone that is okay being used in that way.

I have several crystal skulls that I used a lot in the past for healing and divination. I obtained one that most definitely didn't want to work in that way. It was so unhappy, I ended up sending it back to the woman I had purchased it from.

On the other hand, crystals often hightail it into other planes or dimensions and then return, sometimes where you left them but often in a different place. And if you have faeries in your home, they have been known to make off with an especially nice crystal. They of course will often return it if asked nicely, but it will almost never be returned to where you lost it in the first place.

StaceyJ

My crystals normally go missing when I no longer need that crystal for what I was using it for.
Then months later I will find them.
One thing I have noticed is my luck with my favourite crystal - Black Obsidian. I usually wear them in my bra but forget they are in there when I take it off, however with Obsidian being volcanic glass, it doesn't last long and smashes to pieces. I have broken 2 of those and presume they have done enough for me for that time.