advice please; protection against another's need

Holly doll

Lepidolite - calm, trust, and acceptance, relaxing, balancing and calming, brings hope in dark times. A stone of transformation in that it helps one get through transitions with trust that everything will ultimately turn out for the best, engendering and enhancing self-love, patience, and optimism.

I've recommended this stone to a client leaving a toxic, abusive relationship, she reported that she didn't fall into the game playing of her ex & felt detached from his dramas. The stone absorbs negativity & darkens in colour, if you bury it the earth absorbs & alchemises toxicity - turning the stone back to its natural colouration& ready to reuse.

MandMaud

the black stones are all good protectors because traditionally black absorbs negativity / bad spells / curses and turns them to positive. Also they are very grounding! however for something different, I do think Padma is right about the key here is self-love not protection, this is a different situation.

some suggestions from me....

rose quartz - the sorting out emotional problems of the heart and self love!

I saw on a website - Resolution of conflict: agate (between friends), aquamarine, ruby, sugilite (group), watermelon tourmaline

citrine - releases negative traits of family discords
Fuchsite - balancing the family

Lepidolite - calm, trust, and acceptance, relaxing, balancing and calming, brings hope in dark times. A stone of transformation in that it helps one get through transitions with trust that everything will ultimately turn out for the best, engendering and enhancing self-love, patience, and optimism.

I've recommended this stone to a client leaving a toxic, abusive relationship, she reported that she didn't fall into the game playing of her ex & felt detached from his dramas. The stone absorbs negativity & darkens in colour, if you bury it the earth absorbs & alchemises toxicity - turning the stone back to its natural colouration& ready to reuse.

I'm shattered, about to go to bed early, but thank you both... back tomorrow with an actual reply. :D I'm zapping this thread to my kindle to have a proper read of it in the morning.

rmcfarron

Since it says protection from anger, jealousy, and fear, I think it would be his and would protect you from it. And it may protect against those same emotions overwhelming you. Just my thoughts.

Thank you, I'll read up on carnelian. I do have a small stone but haven't wanted to wear it since it's loose in its setting (a necklace). I have thought of it as a strength stone, for extra-busy days or when I'm overtired. I also just like it. :)

Would the "anger, jealousy and fear" be mine or his? I think he has all of them. (I do too (less the jealousy) but I am more emotion-aware, less emotion-controlled, than he is.)

MandMaud

@ Daniel - I'll look at all of your suggestions, thank you. Watermelon tourmaline is beautiful. I remember fuchsite as one I've considered before (maybe just found myself drawn to reading about it, that happens to me and I get very in-depth over a few days, then wimp out of buying and forget it all! :rolleyes:).

Rose quartz... my anti-cliché sensors have always kept me away from it because it's everywhere! but on the other hand, things become clichés for a reason... you may have kicked me into taking it seriously. :p I think I have a piece already (a reject from when my ex left, he had hundreds of crystals and always the most expensive, but got bored quickly, so they got dusty).

And my mum loved citrine. But "balancing the family" sounds appropriate (fuchsite)...!

@ Holly doll - Thank you as well. Lepidolite sounds as useful for me as for my son! I've heard the name but I don't think I knew anything about it. There's real food for thought here.

Since it says protection from anger, jealousy, and fear, I think it would be his and would protect you from it. And it may protect against those same emotions overwhelming you. Just my thoughts.

Just your thoughts but they're thoughts that make sense. :) I have worn my carnelian for the last 2-days and felt a difference in strength (physical stamina) if nothing else.

Still hugely relieved that my son went out for the afternoon and won't be back till midnight-ish. :( I hate being relieved when he's not here, but I know it doesn't mean we don't love each other... family members have a natural "personal distance" like anyone else, and ours is further apart than we have been living this year. That's all. Definitely time to do something about it though.

Padma

you might consider wearing some self-love stones, for yourself. Garnet provides protection as well as strength and self-love; rubies also do this. They needn't be expensive ones - you can buy the rough types that are not hewn into gemstones. (opaques)

My instincts tell me that chalcedony in any colour that appeals to you might help - blue is particularly strong. It is a stone of protection and gentle courage for mothers.

Black star diopside would work, too. Amber as well, as it serves as a protection and shield to one's energy.

You might give him some stones that stimulate courage and independence as well - garnet would also work for him, as would ruby. Tiger eye really leaps to mind for that purpose, as well.

Good luck!

PS you might begin helping him look for a place in line with his budget...gentle nudges can be brought about this way - "I saw this flat on Craigslist, don't you think it is in a great area? Really easy on the budget, too!" Something along that line.... or you might extol all the great times you had when you were young, and moving along into your own independence...!

ps Hematite works well for creating invulnerability to another's demands.

*Sigh*. Mandy, you missed me again...!

MandMaud

*Sigh*. Mandy, you missed me again...!

Oh no, so I did!
:bugeyed:
...:confused:
......:(
It definitely isn't personal!!

I'm not actually here this evening, just about to keel over, but popped in to say I did zap the thread to my kindle and read it while on holiday - including your posts, Padma :D.

However I now have so many ideas to follow up (I love reading loads on each crystal) and as it happens, I have five days before the son in question is back here. He even made an attempt at leaving things tidy for us to come home to... bin bag out of the bin and knotted, though still in the kitchen; dirties in the dishwasher, though dishwasher not turned on... a few days for me to remember it's the thought that counts. :rolleyes: And to get my happy, refreshed. post-holiday energy in proper balance.