Crystals for my tarot decks

LoveLetter

I'll be going this weekend to pick up my first crystals. I plan to get some clear quartz, and maybe some smoky quartz as well. Also, I'd really like to get a few crystals that pair well with my tarot decks. I have three: The Pamela Coleman Smith Centennial, the Nicoletta Ceccoli, and the Housewives Tarot. Do any of you guys have these decks? If so, which crystals do you find pair well with each of them? Any tips on choosing crystals to match them would be ver much appreciated. Thanks!

Tanga

Hi LoveLetter -

I usually choose crystals that I feel "match" the mood or "character" of the deck if you like.
Just by looking at them.

[*and I'll add here that I don't necessarily mean matching the "traditional character of the crystals" as found in books. I mean when you look at the crystal what is your "gut feeling", as RiverRunsDeep describes below].

(and only some of my decks have crystals in them. I have 2 of the decks you mention - but neither currently has a residing crystal).

So - my Halloween Tarot has a brown jasper heart with a yellow streak running through it. Somehow the pattern of this stone has a jolly/joke effect - which is how the deck also occurs for me.
My Night Sun Tarot has a tiny styalized carved bear in red-jasper. Something regal and dramatic about that bear...and red jasper can be the 'root and grounding' - so in this case, I see that as getting to "the bone" of the matter - something a 'dark deck' is presumed to assist with.
My Gendron Tarot has a rose quartz heart - this deck comes across for me as soft, Goddessy and yin, so the rose quartz here fits it.

Enjoy choosing!

RiverRunsDeep

Imo, choosing crystals for our decks goes way beyond trying to match the traditional characteristics of a crystal with the characteristics of a deck. It has more to do with gut feelings, instinct, intuition, and personal preference. So even if we give you a thousand suggestions, it is possible that none of them will be the correct one for YOU. I think you will know exactly which crystals to get the minute you set eyes on them. :) Have fun!