The Computer spread

HarleyQuinnX

Hello everyone, I had a really quirky idea for a spread while I was doing laundry. Any comments, suggestions, or questions are greatly welcomed and appreciated. :)

This spread was made for analyzing a problem, but it can be adapted to other things like starting a new project. It's a 5-card spread, but if you could possibly add more cards to different places. I hope you guys can make some use of it! :)

HarleyQuinnX's Computer Spread

______....___
|........|..|....|
|...1...|..|.2..|
|_____|..|....|
.............|.3.|\
.............|__|/
_______....../
|....5....|..[4]
|______|

Positions:
1: The Monitor - What is visible in this situation. What resources are available to you.

2: The Processor - What is the driving force behind this situation. What is going to push the situation forward. How fast are things moving.

3: The Hard Drive -Resources and information that aren't visible but are probably accessible with a little navigation.

4: The Mouse - How you can direct you actions. How you can interact with the resources to get your desired result.

5: The Keyboard - How you express your ideas/communicate with others.

Well, that's it. I'm eager to see what you guys think. (But be gentle :D)

starrystarrynight

Harley, this is great! (You should be a writer or an artist...are you?)

I love this.

aibhlin

Haha, that's brilliant. Now I must figure out a question to use it on so I can test it out...

HarleyQuinnX

starrystarrynight said:
Harley, this is great! (You should be a writer or an artist...are you?)

I love this.

No, not an artist. I'm studying to become a Software Engineer, so computers are usually on my mind somewhere.
Glad that you guys like it.

aibhlin said:
Now I must figure out a question to use it on so I can test it out...

Thanks. I'm looking forward to hearing out how it turns out.

Netzach

What a splendid spread. I shall give it a go.

Jeff

As a fellow computer nerd, I think that spread is very creative! Way to go, Harley.

Sigmar

Jeff said:
As a fellow computer nerd, I think that spread is very creative! Way to go, Harley.

^_^ Diddo!

I should be able to easily rember this spread :cool:

thnx HarleyQuinnX

Sigmar

aibhlin

HarleyQuinnX said:
Thanks. I'm looking forward to hearing out how it turns out.

Well, it was rather frustrating actually, but that had more to do with the question then your spread (which was lovely, actually). It's a sittuation that's been driving me nuts, and in the mouse position I got Four of Cups. I'm sure it's sensible though... But annoying.

TimJas

looks nice! must try this out! x

Cat*

Even though this spread has been up for quite a while now, I still would like to give you some feedback. First of all, I really like the idea of combining something as technical as a computer and the tarot. That's where you got me curious in the first place.

I have used the spread several times by now and found it most useful for analyzing a certain situation/problem.

If the reflection itself didn't feel satisfactory, I have occasionally added a sixth card. It could be "a CD" or simply be called "enter." It answers an additional question, e.g. "how should I handle the situation," "how can I change the situation," "what's up next," etc.

All in all, I really like your spread and plan to keep using it. So thanks for putting it up! :)