Six of Swords and Two of Wands during conflict

In a relationship reading, Six of Swords showed up for “things to consider” and two of wands showed "outcome". This combination confuses me a little because it’s difficult to tell if it’s positive for the relationship overcoming a sudden argument. The querent is waiting to see if the guy (who lives in another state) will communicate again to resolve things. If not, the relationship is likely over for good.

Here are some options:

1) Six of Swords represents the long distance or trip (they had plans to meet up soon), and 2 of Wands is the decision he has to make about putting effort into the relationship

2) Six of Swords means they both move on separately and 2 of Wands is because he chooses something (or someone) over their relationship...thus no trip

3) Six of Swords means they both move on together from the argument and 2 of Wands is that they choose to work things out…possibly in time for the trip to occur

Thoughts? It seems like a 'make or break' combination to me.

rwcarter

In a relationship reading, Six of Swords showed up for “things to consider” and two of wands showed "outcome". This combination confuses me a little because it’s difficult to tell if it’s positive for the relationship overcoming a sudden argument.
Welcome to Aeclectic, 830!

Since we're looking at the status of a relationship after an argument, the 6S as things to consider says to me that whoever the subject of the reading is needs to consider whether or not the argument was grounds enough to leave the relationship. If this is the only argument in the relationship, probably not. But if it's another in a long string of arguments, then maybe it is time.

2W as outcome reinforces the interpretation of the 6S as the subject of the reading is deciding whether or not to stay in the relationship or seek greener pastures. I don't think a decision is made since it's the 2W. But the person is deciding, likely waiting for more input before making the decision.

Rodney

Welcome to Aeclectic, 830!

Since we're looking at the status of a relationship after an argument, the 6S as things to consider says to me that whoever the subject of the reading is needs to consider whether or not the argument was grounds enough to leave the relationship. If this is the only argument in the relationship, probably not. But if it's another in a long string of arguments, then maybe it is time.

2W as outcome reinforces the interpretation of the 6S as the subject of the reading is deciding whether or not to stay in the relationship or seek greener pastures. I don't think a decision is made since it's the 2W. But the person is deciding, likely waiting for more input before making the decision.

Rodney

Thanks, Rodney! Your insight helps me to broaden my perspective on the two cards. There were some small arguments in the past, but this one was the biggest. The querent plans to move on unless the subject/guy decides he cares enough to put forth effort again.