9 of Swords card scares me. Do you have any positive interpretations?

Ruby Jewel

Did a Celtic Cross (in May) to see what summer would bring.
The card for July was 9 of swords. RWS deck.

Now, I need some hopes for this month, because I have 2 important trips booked.
One with my newly widoved mother - we are going to see all our relatives in the northern of Finland and the other trip is to my best friend who lives in the northern of sweden.

I do not suffer from anxiety and I use mindfulness when there is too much thinking or stress involved.

Is it impossible that it's someone elses anxiety/stress involved in 9 of swords?
I am scared of this card, it's always pointing out a complete nightmare. I have no positive experiences from this card at all.

And some people say that all the cards have positive interpretations as well.

Please help me.

Ps. I do not use clarifiers because I'm too novice yet

The IX of Swords represents "needless suffering." It is projected fear and imagined guilt. The way to deal with it is passive resistance, resignation, and acceptance. You turn sorrow into wisdom with a calm acceptance. If it is reversed, it is a neurosis, so as long as it is upright I would say, just let it be.

SpiritualLight

The IX of Swords represents "needless suffering." It is projected fear and imagined guilt. The way to deal with it is passive resistance, resignation, and acceptance. You turn sorrow into wisdom with a calm acceptance. If it is reversed, it is a neurosis, so as long as it is upright I would say, just let it be.

Beautiful, I like it. Sounds like mindfullness :) I´ve heard that 3 of swords is alot about accepting a painful truth (= acceptance, this too shall pass etc). I thought that 8 of swords was about projected fear - but it sounds like it fits the 9 of swords as well. Thanks.

Ruby Jewel

Beautiful, I like it. Sounds like mindfullness :) I´ve heard that 3 of swords is alot about accepting a painful truth (= acceptance, this too shall pass etc). I thought that 8 of swords was about projected fear - but it sounds like it fits the 9 of swords as well. Thanks.

The VIII Swords is a self-imposed isolation....you are in this position because that is where you need to be.....you are being given time to mature.....once you have resolved the inner conflict of the IX Swords with wisdom gained through passive resistance, you enter into the X of Swords and the ending of the whole issue. It is a process beginning with the Ace...and it is all mental. So, basically, it is saying you have passed through the VIII Swords and are now in the IX Swords....when you have achieved the growth that this process represents you will acknowledge the X Swords, and a new day will dawn.....The point is to avoid a neurosis by supressing the psychic energy.....keep it conscious and "deal" with it.

SpiritualLight

The VIII Swords is a self-imposed isolation....you are in this position because that is where you need to be.....you are being given time to mature.....once you have resolved the inner conflict of the IX Swords with wisdom gained through passive resistance, you enter into the X of Swords and the ending of the whole issue. It is a process beginning with the Ace...and it is all mental. So, basically, it is saying you have passed through the VIII Swords and are now in the IX Swords....when you have achieved the growth that this process represents you will acknowledge the X Swords, and a new day will dawn.....The point is to avoid a neurosis by supressing the psychic energy.....keep it conscious and "deal" with it.

Love it! Gonna write this down in my journal. Thank you for taking your time writing this down. I hope others will get inspired as much as I am :) Ps. Interestingly this will be in July - in the sign of cancer. I think it fits perfect with a maturing process, don't you think?

Ruby Jewel

Love it! Gonna write this down in my journal. Thank you for taking your time writing this down. I hope others will get inspired as much as I am :) Ps. Interestingly this will be in July - in the sign of cancer. I think it fits perfect with a maturing process, don't you think?

It would help to see your astrological chart in order to be specific, but, in general, VIII of Swords is the 3rd house of siblings, and short trips.....Cancer is the 4th house of your Mother.....so, the energy may well afford an opportunity for clarification and growth relative to family issues.....stay positive....don't let the Devil mess with your mind. Actually, I should say don't let Mars, the planet of War mess with your mind as IX Swords just happens to be Mars in Gemini, and he plays mind games in Gemini instead of war games. Remember what I said, "passive resistance".....

SpiritualLight

stay positive....don't let the Devil mess with your mind. Remember what I said, "passive resistance".....
Will remember! Gonna wear my 9 of swords card under my sunbonnet ;)

Actually, I should say don't let Mars, the planet of War mess with your mind as IX Swords just happens to be Mars in Gemini, and he plays mind games in Gemini instead of war games.
Mars goes Station Direct in Scorpio at Thu Jun 30 2016 01:39 - the trip starts at July the 3rd, lol!

9 of Swords seems to say: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

Thank you Ruby Jewel, all your answers has broaded my colorbook in context to 9 of swords. It's not all that "black" anymore :)

SpiritualLight

Report of 9 of Swords - the card of July

I had a very interesting and fun month with this card!

Did not suffer from:

- Anxiety
- Worry
- Guilt

Almost all the inputs in this thread was describing the nuances that I was challenged with in July.

9 of swords was pointing out this (for exampel):

- the 9 of Swords energy started to get going after 10 days so the card did describe like 3 weeks of 4.

- 3 close females in my life with a heavy grief (my mother, my widowed aunt, and one of my best friends)

- How I view things and what thoughts I accept will be how I experience the world, as cbiz83 said (so I used passive resistance, resignation and acceptance, as RubyJewel said).

- LOT'S of late nights! There was a constant chatter from early morning into late nights, so I used earplugs - and that saved my trips :) Lot's of nights on bares and festivals. Constant chatter and talking, as LoveLight&Peace said.

- Language difficulties, I had to speak another language 24/7 which I don't speak fluently, so there was alot mental energy used.

- I had free wifi on the trip (lucky me - some neighbour had it open) so I could watch movies all night and have some quiet time when everybody else finally got to bed.

- The second trip (21/7- 28/7) to my friend in the northern of Sweden was like heaven and hell. She is having the worst crisis of her life - she got dumped by her secret lover. And he dumped her when I was at her house (passive recistance saved my life in this case). The one who she used as a punching bag - was me. So I left earlier. Or maybe I stayed to short - don't know - she does not talk to me after this. This was the thoughest experience with 9 of swords. I was totally blameless what happened, of course - this experience was something Russel was warning about also Analuisa was close on her input in this one. Heaven on this trip was that I met alot of new interesting people, when we were out on late nights and when we were visiting a big festival.

- I was kind of low when I finally got home after almost a month away from home, in a 10 of wands way. But I was also deeply happy and satisfied by having all these wonderful meetings with all my finnish relatives. I felt the connection and solidarity and it was healing to me, and Nisaba was pointing out something like this in her input.

- I keep contact with all my relatives through WhatsApp and Facebook and it feels like a positive spinn to 9 of swords. I also made new friends on the other trip to northern of sweden where my friend lives, 9 new friends :) Isn't it cool?

- In the end of July I found out that my cat maybe is sick - so I am a little bit 9 of swords when it comes to her. She is my dearest friend. She is OK now, but you know the feeling. IndigoWaves was mentioning a "hit" like this. Also Dercetius when he said "be prepared for the worst".

My conlusion is that when you use acceptances with the energy of 9 of swords it can turn out to be a very communicating card but that involves meeting people mostly at night times. Acceptance is the key and the 9 of swords offers the understanding that our thoughts directly determine how we experience the world, as cbiz83 pointed out.

I want to thank all of you who contributed to this thread: it made July SO much easier - and it transformed to a learning experience :)

I maybe got 9 new grey hairs but I made 9 new friends as well...sigh!

I haven't seen the 9 of Swords as very positive, but it does seem to point out when I'm too stressed out about a situation. The 9 of Swords is my insomnia card. Sometimes if I'm doing readings late at night, this card will jump out at me as if to say, "Go to bed." So there is a little light-hearted joking associated with it.