Wheel of Fortune

Mooconfusion

I find some people love this card and some people not so much. For me it conjures up a feeling that I'm being looked after by the universe that whatever will be, will be and whatever has happened was meant to happen. So, I can't really see the negativity in the card unless, you think of it as not having control over a situation?

Does anyone have any positive/negative/in between experiences with this card that they would like to share?

lucid_dawn

I like the images of this card where men are riding the Wheel because it implies that although you are on top now you may end up on the bottom soon or just because you're at the bottom you will be on top eventually.

I think it's just a very circular not all bad not all good card. Most of the books indicate good fortune and luck. I haven't had it come up often but it's usually giving me good fortune when it does. At the very least it saying, "Take a chance."

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Mooconfusion

I rarely have it come up for me in my own readings, but it comes up a lot when other people read for me. I find with this card, it's just saying, "leave things be, listen to the universe, it's guiding you, you'll be fine."

Achlys

To me, this card suggests that the outcome isn't really set yet. So it's not really a negative or a positive...it's more of a let things develop and see where they go sort of card.

Mooconfusion

To me, this card suggests that the outcome isn't really set yet. So it's not really a negative or a positive...it's more of a let things develop and see where they go sort of card.

I'm so impatient, so sometimes it annoys me to see this card.

Leviosa

Wouldn't that be more like the Hanged Man? The Wheel is always in motion. I see it as there is definitely an outcome at the moment but it also says that outcome is not set in stone.

Slowflyingmonkey

For me this card has a sense of movement. The wheel isn't going to stop just for me so I better get what I can, for as long as I can, out of what ever situation I'm in.

intuitivetarot

Ah, yes, I love this card! I think describing it as "being looked after by the universe" is really the best and only way to really put it...unless it's ill dignified, in which case I totally understand why some people may not like it so much. I don't know if it were pure luck or if it were just meant to happen, but this card was pulled in a monthly reading for the month that it manifested in. I didn't pay much attention to this card until AFTER it manifested in real life like this:

Me and a guy I befriended/was interested in had agreed to meet up for coffee. However, I didn't follow up with him because we're culturally TOO different. While he did try to get in touch with me during this time, he never actually e-mailed me. A few months later, when I reached out to him, he replied back very coldly. In his brief reply, he mentioned that he was doing research abroad and wasn't sure if he'd be back in America by the end of the year. And that was it.

It caught me off guard because he usually sounds happy and enthusiastic in his replies. I wanted to trust my intuition, which kept screaming, "He thinks you had moved on," but my friends and my logical mind speculated that HE had moved on. Well, I found out that he did, in fact, publish a new paper. However, I ACCIDENTALLY clicked on his professional profile because my finger pretty much spasmed and my iPhone had a glitch! That accident is normally not good because this particular social networking site reports to the profile owner where their profile viewers come from. But he was actually really cool about it. In fact, he saw the "happy accident" as something I did purpose, so he clarified about his new position and wanted to apologize for being a jerk when I had reached out to him. :) All in all, the wheel of fortune brings luck and sudden change--always for the better--like our "happy accident", which helped us clear up a lot of mixed messages!

tarot_quest

I see it a bit like Achlys: i.e. time has to pass before a certain event takes place. I also see the wheel as ''life itself'', with ups and downs along the road.

For example, a postdoc in my former lab wanted very badly a supervisor position in a very good university to become an independent researcher. Years were passing and she sent lots of applications and started to get desperate.

I did a 2 card reading and I got the Ace of wands + Wheel of fortune. I was sure that she was going to get a solid offer, but that time might have to pass (Wheel) before she starts the job. And yes! She got her dream position in a prestigious university, but she could not start before a year. So for me, Wheel = time has to pass (including external circumstances) before an event takes place.

We can also imagine that setting up her new lab will be paved with ups and downs.

intuitivetarot

I see it a bit like Achlys: i.e. time has to pass before a certain event takes place. I also see the wheel as ''life itself'', with ups and downs along the road.

For example, a postdoc in my former lab wanted very badly a supervisor position in a very good university to become an independent researcher. Years were passing and she sent lots of applications and started to get desperate.

I did a 2 card reading and I got the Ace of wands + Wheel of fortune. I was sure that she was going to get a solid offer, but that time might have to pass (Wheel) before she starts the job. And yes! She got her dream position in a prestigious university, but she could not start before a year. So for me, Wheel = time has to pass (including external circumstances) before an event takes place.

We can also imagine that setting up her new lab will be paved with ups and downs.

Whoa, that is SO WEIRD! In my example, I found out that the guy was doing his postdoc too!! :O

It's also interesting what you said about time here. I just wanted to pitch in a few thoughts. I think with something as temporal and burning hot as ace of wands, the opportunity has the chance to crash and burn, so to speak, if it's not acted on in time. The wheel of fortune, however, is generally not fickle, unlike the ace of wands, which can be. In other words, you can't shift between the ups and downs of the wof very quickly, unless you also pulled something like ace of wands. So, do you think the time factor in wof maybe refers to only "now being a time of luck", and less about when the opportunity may manifest itself?