Knight Cups King Cups..clergy consulted? help

Ethereal

Hi all...did a read RWS deck regarding if someone consulted clergy at some point. All cards upright. Really not sure how to read knight cups. I have heard king cups can be a counselor. The knight cups, I usually have only seen in romantic reads. Wine , dine, woo someone. I could see it as someone perhaps inviting a priest, minister to dinner. Other than that, I have no clue. Question was : what possibilities X consulted with clergy at some point? Any insight on this?

Aeric

According to some interpretations, the Cup Knight is a Grail Knight, perhaps holding what he has found. To place Cup King after that suggests he is presenting the Grail to the king. If Cups represent emotions, perhaps X has given tidings to a clergy, expressing emotions and feelings to them. Clergy must often act as counselors, so they are well acquainted with people coming to them with questions or for blessings.

But I think a better question isn't whether it actually happened, but how X would be transformed by it happening. Knight to King suggests an evolution, developing maturity, assuming a new role with greater responsibility. If working in their best interests, a clergy could teach X to take better control of their emotions, channel them appropriately, use them to be a better person.

Ethereal

Aeric: wow, interesting take.. Yes, I could see that as knight cups bringing..but never thought of expressing their emotions , as in cups, . I saw it as bringing tidings, as in perhaps invitation to dinner etc. This was a larger spread, but with what you mentioned, how X could be transformed by it, I want to add the sun did show up in the spread..so, perhaps X received transformation through enlightenment. Thanks....you made me think here...looking back at the full reading!..the sun appearing as enlightenment. It also was the only major to appear.

nisaba

Hi all...did a read RWS deck regarding if someone consulted clergy at some point.

Tarot is not really very good at simple yes-no answers: it wants to chat around issues.

All cards upright. Really not sure how to read knight cups. I have heard king cups can be a counselor.

So can the senior courts in any suit. And a lot of Major cards. Also, counsellor isn't clergy. :)

The knight cups, I usually have only seen in romantic reads. Wine , dine, woo someone.

So seeing as how you and not I are doing this reading, go with your meaning. Perhaps they've only talked it through with people whose company gives them pleasure.

Question was : what possibilities X consulted with clergy at some point? Any insight on this?

So ... it's kind-of a yes/no (which I personally would use a pendulum for), and kind-of a numerical-percentage question. Tarot isn't all that fantastic at numbers, either. So the Knight Cups came up before the King Cups? Assuming that the Knight is numbered 12 and the King 14, then it would be a twelve-fourtheenth or six-in-seven chance that they have.

Ethereal

Nisaba: so true. The yes|no with tarot regarding questions. Sometimes I.have a hard time formulating how I want to word a question, so I don't end up with the yes...no...thing happening. Any suggestions I welcome!
I did word question as has X consulted clergy at some point. But, thinking also of the mindset that clergy can be counselors. I understand how you see.it, though. That's one train of thought I never thought of; perhaps they talked it through with people that gives them pleasure. I can see that. Something to think.about. have never used pendulum...but I think.I will start; perhaps on certain questions..yes..no type. I Agee, odds are more likely than not, they have. Thanks for the numerical.calculation! Always love your insight on things!

nisaba

You are very welcome.

MissNine

I think it's a consultation with a doctor or counselor/therapist. It could be clergy, but I would have looked for Hierophant or hermit to be there too if that was the case because the church is an old establishment. The Knight of cups is someone proposing something or asking questions. Trotting in and leaving after gathering the info, like a drivethru.

Ethereal

MissNine: I think you're right,; more counseling with doctor , therapist. I took thought heirophant or hermit would have shown up for clergy. I like that take on knight of cups; maybe offering a gift of wine, perhaps to a counselor who has helped them. Also. An offering, thank you gift. Thanks for the input!