2 of Pentacles: The Positive in a Break-up?

mary_leo

Hi guys I have a question, what if the 2 of pentacles represented the positive aspects after a break up?
The question was about reconciliation...
Thanks.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your Interpretation?

Greetings mary_leo,

As per UTC rules, whenever you ask about a card from a reading, you must provide your own interpretation of it before others can help you. Can you please tell us what YOU think the 2/Pents means as a "positive" in a break-up?

For more on our rules, see here: UTC: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174

We know you're stuck, but we need you to at least take a guess. Posters please hold off answering till mary_leo provides an interpretation.

Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

mary_leo

Thank you Thirteen for instructing me. I'm not really sure of how to read the 2 of pentacles... The question was about reconciliation and the outcome was the 6 of cups which I think it's very positive. The biggest problem about this relationship is that apparently we want different things.
Maybe the 2 of pentacles as the positive aspect means that we will find a way to be together, or that we will both make the effort to make it work.
I'm not sure...

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi mary_leo,

You need to provide interpretations for all cards that you list, and "which I think it's very positive" isn't an interpretation for the card you added. Please edit your post to either provide an interpretation for that card or remove it from your post.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

rwcarter

Hi guys I have a question, what if the 2 of pentacles represented the positive aspects after a break up?
The question was about reconciliation...

The biggest problem about this relationship is that apparently we want different things.
Maybe the 2 of pentacles as the positive aspect means that we will find a way to be together, or that we will both make the effort to make it work.
As a positive, since you're not currently in the relationship, you can take your time to figure out whether or not you want to be in a relationship where you both want different things. It's a little harder to make that determination while in the relationship, which is why that would be a positive.

Rodney

mary_leo

Thank you for answering.
The outcome was the 6 of cups and I think it is a card that indicates reconciliation, great connection and people being pulled towards each other.

Thirteen

2/Pentacles is often about not wanting to make a decision. Like, you've got two cars you love, but they both need repairs and you can only fix one. 2/Pentacles means that you refuse to sell one in order to fix up the other. Instead, you fix them both just enough to get by. Then you drive Car #1 till it breaks down, then you switch to #2 while car #1 gets fixed. Car #2 breaks, and you drive car #1 while Car #2 is being fixed.

Problem is, you're wasting more money fixing both cars a little rather than fixing one completely. You're wasting time taking them in again and again to be fixed. But when people tell you "sell one and use the money to completely fix the other," you refuse. You say, "I can't give up either." And you continue to juggle your finances and your time in order to keep both.

That is the 2/Pentacles. You asked "will there be reconciliation?" And the answer is "Not until you both give up something for the other. Not until you stop trying to have it both ways."

Achlys

The 2 of pentacles suggests to me that it's been a rough situation and that a choice needs to be made regarding the relationship. You both do want different things but it's a matter of whether you're willing to sacrifice your wants to make the relationship happen, but it doesn't seem like that's something you want to do.
To be honest, I don't necessarily see the 6 of cups as confirmation that you will reconcile, especially if it's paired with the 2 if pentacles...to me it seems like you're clinging to the past and while nostalgia is nice, it may be holding you back. It may be rough waters ahead, but a tough choice may be necessary for you to move forward.

Barleywine

Because of their binary nature, all of the Twos are about polarity - two extremes that ideally converge at a point of balance in the center; this implies the compromise that is at the root of all successful relationships. The 2 of Pentacles adds something new to the "straight-line" model of interaction: rotational motion around opposite poles that creates the centripetal force (think "gravity") holding the two polar opposites in stable orbit around one another; it turns the "mad dash" for fulfillment into a more substantial and mutually rewarding cooperation.

This suggests to me that, as the positive following a break-up, there would still be physical attraction between the parties to the failed relationship, despite the distance that has grown between them.

mary_leo

I understand what you are saying but how can the 2 of pentacles represent a positive aspect if it still means that we are both stuck on what have made us decide to split.
The negative aspect is the knight of swords, this card always shows up to represent this guy, he is very rational, strong temper, blunt and honest. Maybe it means that he still carries negative thoughts about our relationship. Or that he will not give in.