2 of Pentacles: The Positive in a Break-up?

mary_leo

Because of their binary nature, all of the Twos are about polarity - two extremes that ideally converge at a point of balance in the center; this implies the compromise that is at the root of all successful relationships. The 2 of Pentacles adds something new to the "straight-line" model of interaction: rotational motion around opposite poles that creates the centripetal force (think "gravity") holding the two polar opposites in stable orbit around one another; it turns the "mad dash" for fulfillment into a more substantial and mutually rewarding cooperation.

This suggests to me that, as the positive following a break-up, there would still be physical attraction between the parties to the failed relationship, despite the distance that has grown between them.
Barleywine what you said was spot on! We are completely compatible physically and we have a blast every time we hang out. But when it comes to the direction of the relationship, we need to discuss things by phone calls or emails or we will end up getting very physical and not solving anything.
Thank you for your answer.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

Barleywine

Hmm, you may be trying to read more into the 2 of Pentacles as a "positive remainder" than is there: it's a pretty simple card of steady-state physicality. It has been called "Stability through Change," like the idea of a spinning top that runs smoothly until its momentum runs down and it begins to wobble and then falls over. If one of the best parts of the relationship was its physical stability and security, while that may have been overshadowed by other dissonances that ultimately caused the break-up, that residual sense of satisfaction may still linger on (in one if not both of you).

ETA: Oops, it looks like you may have been responding to someone else. I withdraw my observation.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

mary_leo,

You can list up to half of the cards from a reading here in UTC. You started with one card and have slipped two others in already. Please do not add any more cards from the reading into this thread. If you wish to discuss the whole reading, then please start a new thread over in Your Readings. If you do that, you can then provide a link to it here.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

mary_leo

Hmm, you may be trying to read more into the 2 of Pentacles as a "positive remainder" than is there: it's a pretty simple card of steady-state physicality. It has been called "Stability through Change," like the idea of a spinning top that runs smoothly until its momentum runs down and it begins to wobble and then falls over. If one of the best parts of the relationship was its physical stability and security, while that may have been overshadowed by other dissonances that ultimately caused the break-up, that residual sense of satisfaction may still linger on (in one if not both of you).

ETA: Oops, it looks like you may have been responding to someone else. I withdraw my observation.
I was trying to find the positive side of it because the card is on the positive aspects.
Maybe the positive said is to find "stability through change" after all the conversation we had about the issue.
Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

nisaba

Hi guys I have a question, what if the 2 of pentacles represented the positive aspects after a break up?

My first thought was that both people will be civilised about splitting joint property fairly.

The question was about reconciliation...

So it wasn't really about positive aspects about a breakup but positive aspects of a possible (but not actual) reconciliation?

Well, Both of you might be walking on eggshells, aware of the relationship-bomb that went off to cause the breakup, and trying not to trigger it into happening again.

(In my experience, relationship-bombs never go away, and this kind of conduct can delay them going off again but don't prevent it happening in the end).