the Cephalopod deck

DaughterOfDanu

So far I'm quite liking mine. I've had it for a little over a day and really enjoy doing spreads with it. I can't wait to show it off when doing some readings for friends next weekend! It's one of those rare decks for me that I seem to give a personality to. To me it has a slightly snobby but very polite personality. Then again I think the same of octopi when I see them :p

nisaba

And it's just delightful!

The Happy Squirrel

Adorable :)

GlitterNova

I received this deck about a month and a half ago after lusting after it for a while and I have to say, it's absolutely delightful. The art is done in delicate watercolors with colors ranging from pastels to bold. As for the imagery, it's minimalist and based on RWS symbolism. Everything about this deck feels serene. It's got a very distinct feel to it that's hard to describe, slightly impersonal but definitely not aloof. It's actually got a lot of charm if you're willing to give it a try. I definitely recommend it beyond being just a pretty novelty deck.

Essjay

I sort of like it and I sort of don't :D

The queen of pents looks like the queen of wands but how can you have either in the sea!! Also, that three of Swords. Where did the pointy dolphin get that sword? A wreck? Passing pirate?

Actually, the more I look at it .... it's growing on me.

nisaba

I sort of like it and I sort of don't :D

The queen of pents looks like the queen of wands but how can you have either in the sea!!

Queen of Pentacles: there are rocks and sands and stone-corals. There are also fleshy creatures.

Queen Wands: Fire is any source of energy: so, sunlight through the waves, the energy in food-sources (plenty of those in the sea!), warm ocean currents, undersea volcanic vents, even the energy consumed by powered craft on the surface and transmuted into kinetic energy in their wake.

Also, that three of Swords. Where did the pointy dolphin get that sword? A wreck? Passing pirate?

A wrecked pirate ship, perhaps? <cackle>

Actually, the more I look at it .... it's growing on me.

It does that! It's been one of my firm favourites since WBW I bought it and opened this thread.

For TRUE cephalopodic despair, look up the Ten Swords ... <weeps>

Essjay

Queen of Pentacles: there are rocks and sands and stone-corals. There are also fleshy creatures.

Queen Wands: Fire is any source of energy: so, sunlight through the waves, the energy in food-sources (plenty of those in the sea!), warm ocean currents, undersea volcanic vents, even the energy consumed by powered craft on the surface and transmuted into kinetic energy in their wake.

A wrecked pirate ship, perhaps? <cackle>

It does that! It's been one of my firm favourites since WBW I bought it and opened this thread.

For TRUE cephalopodic despair, look up the Ten Swords ... <weeps>

I have just seen the Ten of Swords (cries) - so very sad. But the Knight of Wands is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

And you're right, of course, about the Pentacles and Wands in general. The sea is full of earth and fire. Oh dear, I may have to buy this once I've completed my great clear out. I have NO underwater decks.

Belinda2

There is something sweet about these cards well
Some of them. Thanks for sharing.