Vanessa Study Group - XV The Devil

Hemera

okay, thanks Grip and Alan. This makes more sense to me now. At first it looked like just another fun card :D
The Death actually looks a bit evil.. I´ll start a thread for it. Wait a sec..

faunabay

The couple in this card looks like they've just been interrupted to me. The guy has this "oh what now? Can't we just get on with it?" look on his face. While the girl has an irritated look. And have you noticed the Devil in the picture is giggling? What is he leading them to do?

It looks like they're trying to have some fun, but will it really be fun by the time they get to it? And what is interrupting them? That's what I want to know! }) Are we the voyers (spelling?) coming in to interrupt them. Are they giving us (the readers) that look? Or is it something/one else?

Keavy McGee

I like to notice the colours in the cards, and this one is just one big wallop of red, isn't it?!!

Another read I get from this card, is that if red = passion, then what might have started out as a straight-forward attempt at passionate expression mutated into something else, with the help of the little red fella in the background.

Passion has given way to power-play, and therefore all sense of intimacy is lost, because it's a case of dominance rather than equal give-and-take.

I love how the set of the female's head mimics the devil in the background, only his eyes are closed, as if he is delighting in her actions, and her eyes are wide open and looking straight out of the card. I think she knows exactly what she is doing and she wants to win, no matter the cost. She just doesn't know that she's being played by someone or something else and while she thinks SHE is dominant, she is actually ALSO the puppet of someone or something else, performing for THEIR pleasure.

I feel a video coming on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luobOzreRq4

XOX

Keavy:party:

Sar

In BDSM the sub is the real master, so he is not really chained at all, he can free himself anytime he wants.