Help ! The colors of the sephiroth in the 4 different worlds !

Brammetje

Help ! Do you know what the colors are of the sephiroth in the 4 different worlds ?

Atziluth / Briah etc......

are the sphere colors the same or are they different?

Much Love,
Bram S.

Brammetje

I found out they are different for what it's worth!
But dont ask me where I got it from...
I have been on tarovacation for a while.

Perhaps in the qabalistic tarot of Robert Wang.
I am not sure.

best regards,
Bram

Fulgour

Hi :) Bram! How were they grouped?
I tend to see them as:

Atzulit FIRE Kether Chokmah Binah

Briah AIR Chesed Gevurah Tiferet

Yetzirah WATER Netzach Hod Yesod

Assiyah EARTH Malkuth

With the natural overlaps between...
~Fulgour

ravenest

Brammetje said:
Help ! Do you know what the colors are of the sephiroth in the 4 different worlds ?

Try 777 (Crowleys book on correspondences) The colours of Sephira are listed from key 1- 10 the four worlds colour scale of them is in the King, Queen, Prince and Princess colour scale. Draw up some Trees of Life and paint them, you can then better understand and observe the sephira combining to produce the resultant colours.

rachelcat

Yes, you definitely need 777 for this project!

But the Queen scale (for Briah) seems to make the most sense, moving from white and black to primary colors to secondary colors to the mixed earth tones of Malkuth.

And this make sense because Briah is the world of Formation, which means to me the world of Platonic Ideal forms. It makes sense that scientific, rational organization of color would be used in this world.

I picked this up from using Tarot of the Sephiroth. It also uses the path colors of the Queen/Briah scale, but they're kind of harder to remember off the top of my head!

jmd

It is of course worth pointing out that though GD-oriented views have a full Tree in each of the four worlds, Kabalists have various views as to how the Tree of Life and the Four Worlds relate.

One common view amongst many Kabalists is that the single Tree of Life is itself divided into four parts (in different ways by different Kabalists), each denoting one of the worlds (for example, the Four World divisions on the Tree may be viewed on my Four Hares site).

agedog1

jmd. that's a nice little site you have there!

ravenest

another slant

Although not intentionally Qabalah or Hermetic Qabalah I think the following ideas can easily be related to colour in the four worlds:

Colour Consultant Don Parvey writes about the need to create a colour "Stimulus Gradient".

Highest on the grade (in his 4 level system) are colours of high intensity and luminance, including the most "intensive stimulants" (usefull as Parvey says, "for the lunatic fringe of Op and Psycadelic Art".)

At level 2 are the "rich and powerfull or forcefull colours, strong but not strident".

Third are "hard and stable colours with firm contrast" that "produce no emotional overtones".

And lastly, the "sedative and tranquil colours".

He also attributes these ranges of colours to sound (via voice):
1-scream. 2-command. 3- speaking tone. 4- whisper.

All this seems to fit in with the 4 level Knight, Queen, Prince, Princess and the related colour scales.

Others have looked at colours "insistance" - its attention getting power or impressivness, being a formula associated with tone and intensity (brightness and saturation) eg. Katz, but seem to be at a loss as to how to go about constructing a working table. perhaps we already have one in 777?

Also as an adjunct to the info in the tables, make sure you read the related appendixes to the colour section in the back of 777, v.interesting.

wgungfu

jmd said:
It is of course worth pointing out that though GD-oriented views have a full Tree in each of the four worlds,

Actually, the GD view is a little more complex than that. It actually consists of 4 worlds with a full tree in each, and then each of the sephiroth in those have their own tree (adding another 10 each), for a total of 11 trees in each world (including the main world tree) or 44 trees total.

Kabalists have various views as to how the Tree of Life and the Four Worlds relate.

The GD version is actually taken from one of the Kabbalist versions as well.

The four sprit worlds ideas all stem from the same root ideas behind the concepts of the tetragrammatron and how they relate to the sephiroth. The idea of how divine energy filters down to be processed before actualization and formation on this plane.

One common view amongst many Kabalists is that the single Tree of Life is itself divided into four parts (in different ways by different Kabalists), each denoting one of the worlds (for example, the Four World divisions on the Tree may be viewed on my Four Hares site).

I'm not sure that version is any more common than any of the others. It appears the various methods of complexity are geared towards the depths of understanding and pathworking required. The version you have also exists in another version, with each of the sephiroth in the four worlds single tree containing their own tree as well (which is related to the GD version mentioned above). And even then, some divide the four worlds differently among the single tree (such as Kether alone being Atzilut).

And even then, you have to take in to account which version of organization of the tree you're using. Yours is using the Safed school version, there's also the Gra version which uses the natural array. Likewise there's the ideas of the two pillar (mascular, feminine) arrangement for movement of spiritual forces, and the polarized version that also signifies tension and activity.

As to the original question of what colors of the sephiroth are in the 4 worlds, that once again depends on whose tree, etc. The Gra version of the Sefir Yetzirah uses 7 sephiroth when defining color (Chesed, Gevurah, Tiferet, Yesod, Malkuth, Netzah, and Hod) because they're associated with the 7 days of the week (there are other importances attributed to 7 as well).
The colors in order are White, Red, Yellow, Black, Blue, Upper eyelid (as in the tone of the eyelid) and lower eyelid (etc.). Atzilut is the level of nothingness, it would have no color. You'll notice the top three (Kether, Binah, Chakhmah) are not included (which in the version JMD is using, consists of the Atzilut level). This is because its related to this level of nothingness and divine energy, which doesn't begin to really manifest or take shape until it crosses the "abyss" to the Beriyah (Creation, or "something from nothing") level. This is the reason for some versions of the trees (including the one most commonly used by modern occultists) to lower Tefert, Yesod, and Malkuth to create this gap (often refered to as the "hidden" sepherot named Daath).

The idea of Daath comes from Binah and Chokmah (Wisdom, and Understanding), whereby they come together to form Daath (knowledge). The Sefier Yetzirah states that from Knowledge (Daath) came the rest of the sephiroth allowing creation, formation, and finally action. So that the bottom three collections of sephiroth are more closely related to "us" and the final existance of Malkuth.

Moredcai Shia