Your go-to spread

Citrin

Lately I've been using the "spiritual commentary spread" quite a lot. You can see it described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFXxQ6fD-E

It fits a variety of questions/themes and I really like how it's half set positions and half free-flowing/story :)

Disa

For face to face readings my General "go to" spread is 5 cards. I have no idea where this spread came from or if I made it up...

Situation
Obstacle/what you need to know
What you can do
Help/The help you will receive or what will help
Outcome

OR I will just throw 3 cards in a line and see what they say with no specific positions. Which ever stands out the most is the most important and read the others accordingly

Edited to add:
Lately I've been using the "spiritual commentary spread" quite a lot. You can see it described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFXxQ6fD-E

It fits a variety of questions/themes and I really like how it's half set positions and half free-flowing/story :)

I just watched this little video and I like that spread a lot! I like how it can also help with yes/no questions- which I usually don't even do....Thanks for sharing. :)

cmarie

I also do various 3 card spreads, such as past - present - future or person 1- what is between them - person 2, etc.

For more in depth readings I use the Secret of the High Priestess spread I got from a book, but I am not sure which book it came from. It is a book on the Thoth.

I also like to do an astrological spread, laid out like:

x x x x
x x x x
x x x x

I get a lot out of it as I can really see patterns and interactions between the cards. Each position is an astrological house which adds more information. My understanding of astrology is rudimentary, but with the basics it still gives me a ton of info. This is a spread that I will often leave out for a while and continue to glean more from.

For quick questions I just cut the deck randomly and read that card.

I love to try new spreads, and I do use others too - but these are my go-to spreads.

Nosgo

For more in depth readings I use the Secret of the High Priestess spread I got from a book, but I am not sure which book it came from. It is a book on the Thoth.

It's from the Banzhaf & Theler book "Keywords for the Crowley Tarot". Great book with several interesting spreads in it! ;)

cmarie

It's from the Banzhaf & Theler book "Keywords for the Crowley Tarot". Great book with several interesting spreads in it! ;)

Thank You! I thought that might be it, but I wasn't sure. I agree it is a great book with a lot of interesting spreads in it. For some reason that High Priestess spread just stuck with me!

: )