Orphalese Tarot Software Version 10 about to be released

Barleywine

I'm thrilled with this, and will be registering in the not-too-distant future. I downloaded the current version and the Version 10 beta (which has some useful improvements). After figuring out the Free Selection feature (nice tutorial), the next thing I did was go into Spread Creation and install my personal version of the Celtic Cross. This took a little trial-and-error (and a bunch of retyping before I realized I could copy and paste text from my Open Office document) but I got it done and it's slick. I especially like the qabalistic and astrological notes that show up with the card descriptions. The only thing I have to do with Free Selection is to defocus my eyes a bit so I don't see the elemental symbols on the card backs when doing a random selection. Maybe I should change the card backs?

gregory

I change backs all the time. Because I Can :D

I'm so glad there's a new fan :)

LoveLight&Peace

Is there a version available for Mac users?

Unless I missed it on the site, it looks like the software is only compatible with windows based computers. If that's the case, bummer!

purple_scorp

I'm thrilled with this, and will be registering in the not-too-distant future. I downloaded the current version and the Version 10 beta (which has some useful improvements). After figuring out the Free Selection feature (nice tutorial), the next thing I did was go into Spread Creation and install my personal version of the Celtic Cross. This took a little trial-and-error (and a bunch of retyping before I realized I could copy and paste text from my Open Office document) but I got it done and it's slick. I especially like the qabalistic and astrological notes that show up with the card descriptions. The only thing I have to do with Free Selection is to defocus my eyes a bit so I don't see the elemental symbols on the card backs when doing a random selection. Maybe I should change the card backs?

Awesome, awesome, and....awesome! Now, share this wonderful news with all of your friends! gregory and I :love: preaching to the converted.

Here's some info on the Card Back. (Just keep in mind the menus in the Help are currently showing for version 9, not the Beta - until I can get through updating them all). Simplest way to change the Card Back for a Deck is to go to the Packs folder and update the Back.jpg file.

purple_scorp

Is there a version available for Mac users?

Unless I missed it on the site, it looks like the software is only compatible with windows based computers. If that's the case, bummer!

Unfortunately, you didn't miss it, and yes, it is a bummer because you are not the first person to request it.

There was talk a few years back that you could run Orphalese under a windows emulator on a Mac but I'm not sure if anyone has actually done this yet. And it didn't seem a popular suggestion amongst the Mac users at the time. However, having said that, there has been substantial microsoft app development for the Mac operating systems, so, maybe it's time to test now.

I didn't have a Mac so couldn't test it but my daughter just recently got a Macbook Pro, so she might let me have a go with the emulator (if it still exists and if I can find one). If she agrees for me to play around, I'll test it and report back to let you know how I go.

Edited to add, I just found this website 5 Ways to Run Windows on a Mac.

As some consolation, it is on the future enhancement list (along with mobile phone and android app) though has no time frame against it.

Sorry.

LoveLight&Peace

Unfortunately, you didn't miss it, and yes, it is a bummer because you are not the first person to request it.

There was talk a few years back that you could run Orphalese under a windows emulator on a Mac but I'm not sure if anyone has actually done this yet. And it didn't seem a popular suggestion amongst the Mac users at the time. However, having said that, there has been substantial microsoft app development for the Mac operating systems, so, maybe it's time to test now.

I didn't have a Mac so couldn't test it but my daughter just recently got a Macbook Pro, so she might let me have a go with the emulator (if it still exists and if I can find one). If she agrees for me to play around, I'll test it and report back to let you know how I go.

As some consolation, it is on the future enhancement list (along with mobile phone and android app) though has no time frame against it.

Sorry.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Definitely let us know how it goes if you're able to test on your daughters Macbook Pro. It sounds wonderful, and if it's available for Mac users in the future I will definitely give it a try.

Best wishes for all of the work that you're doing with this software.

Barleywine

I am having an issue with the Spread Editor. I wanted to tweak the text in my individual position notes for the CC spread I created, so I pulled up the .xml file. The editor completely scrambled all of the position numbers, but left the original position assignments and text intact except for the the first ("Covering") position, now numbered 10, for which it wiped out the text completely. I guess the lesson there is to get it right the first time, since the spread is still OK in actual use.

Also, I don't see a keyboard command for backing up one screen at a time, just Esc to quit the program. I want to back out of the currently dealt spread and can't figure out how to just unload it.

ETA: Never mind, "Gather Cards" did it.

purple_scorp

I am having an issue with the Spread Editor. I wanted to tweak the text in my individual position notes for the CC spread I created, so I pulled up the .xml file. The editor completely scrambled all of the position numbers, but left the original position assignments and text intact except for the the first ("Covering") position, now numbered 10, for which it wiped out the text completely. I guess the lesson there is to get it right the first time, since the spread is still OK in actual use.

You can edit the spread through the program, without having to go into the .xml file.

Barleywine

You can edit the spread through the program, without having to go into the .xml file.

Thanks! Trying it now.

ETA: Can't seem to get it. When I go to Spread Management, it gives me the opportunity to edit the general notes I put in at the top, but all I get for the positions is the titles, can't see how to drill down into the separate position notes. Also, I tried to do Edit Spread two different ways and both times it scrambled the position numbers. I didn't save because I didn't want to lose my original input.

purple_scorp

Hi Barleywine, you don't edit the Spread in Spread Management.

To edit a Spread in Beta 10:

1. Click on the grid to open the Menu.
2. Click My Spreads.
3. Click Edit Spreads. A list of Spreads is displayed.
4. Click on the Spread you wish to Edit and click OK. The Editor opens.
5. Click on the Card image (in right-hand pane) whose position notes you wish to change.
6. Click in the Position Notes on left-hand pane and change your description.
7. Click Save.
8. Click Close.

To edit a Spread in Version 9.4

1. Press F5.
2. Click Edit button. A list of Spreads is displayed.
3. Click on the Spread you wish to Edit and click OK. The Editor opens.
4. Click on the Card image (in right-hand pane) whose position notes you wish to change.
5. Click in the Position Notes on left-hand pane and change your description.
6. Click Finish.

Note: If you are changing multiple Card Position descriptions, you need to click on the Card in the right-hand pane first so it displays the description for that position, then you can change the description. Repeat for the other positions you wish to change.

Have a read through the Spreads section of the Help Website too.