Divination Game: Where Is It?

MantraTarot

i was looking to see if anyone had a "remote viewing/guess where the object is hidden" type of game going on right now, but i couldn't find one. so i thought i'd start a thread for one and see if anyone felt like playing, too.

here are the rules:

1. the host (which will be me to start) will hide an object of their choice in their house (nothing outside of the house, please, so we can keep it consistent).

2. the host will describe the object in detail and/or posts a picture of it so the players have a good visual of what they're trying to locate.

3. whomever comes closest to guessing where the object is (at the discretion of the host) will be the winner and get to start a new game within the thread. you can guess any way in which you see fit (i.e. via tarot cards, remote viewing, other divination methods, blind guessing, etc.). just make sure to tell us what method you are using in your post.

now, here's where it will be a bit confusing and different from other "remote viewing" games, but hopefully it can work out:

4. to keep the thread moving quickly, once the game has reached *three guesses, the host has to pick who came closest. this means that for each individual game, you can only guess once, so make it count (no editing answers, either). and for those who wanted to play but missed the "*three guess cut-off," you will have to wait until the next game to play.

5. with that said, each host has to keep track of the number of guesses going on in their game. if they come to check the thread and see that 20 different posters have made a guess, then they can only consider the first *three guesses posted for the winner.

6. and if for some reason a thread does not get more than *three guesses within a week's time, the host can choose whether or not to close their individual game. and if that happens and the game dies? well, either the entire thread will die on its own, or a new host can appoint themselves.

note: now, considering that each individual game will depend upon the host's ability to interact on a consistent basis, in the event that a host goes missing for an extended period of time (let's say, one week), a new game can be started and the old game will be closed. the new host can be determined by a "first come, first serve basis," meaning, if you see the host hasn't replied to anyone in at least a week's time and they aren't answering their PM's, then whomever gets there first can feel free to start a new game.

okay, to summarize:

1. host hides an object in the house.
2. up to *three people can guess per game using whatever divination method they prefer. anything over *three guesses will not be considered.
3. once *three guesses are reached, host has to choose which one is the best guess.
4. the best guess wins and that person starts as host in #1.
5. if the host goes MIA for a week or more, a self-appointed host may start a new game and the old game will be closed forever.

okay, well, we'll see how well this goes. it may fly, it may not. but let's give it a try anyway! as stated above, i will play "host" for this first game. i will post back here in a few minutes with the first object to be located.

good luck!

(*= changed rules from five to three on 3/12/14)

MantraTarot

okay, here we go! first object is this:

mWdR695-Z3sVgEI64aZ9gMg.jpg

it's one of those kong cat laser pointer toys.

it's hidden now so get your guessing caps on, guys and gals, and see what you come up with!

as per the rules, i will keep this game open up for at least a week, or until *three guesses have been made.

first *three responders to this game:
1. DownUnderNZer
2. prudence
3. Mycroft

also, 4. Smiling, but just for this first game (due to initially having a five guess rule and knocking it back down to three on 3/12/14).

(*= changed rules from five to three)

MantraTarot

(d'oh! i just realized i posted this game-- which uses various divination methods-- in the tarot only forum. moderators, could you please move it to the appropriate forum? thanks in advance.)

DownUnderNZer

I reckon its inside something whether wrapped or concealed in a room that has cupboards or closets, a rug or carpet square and windows that allow good lighting if not blocked by curtains etc.

Not sure if upstairs or just up high as in not on the floor.

Might as well give it a go as I love games! :)

prudence

Nice game Mantratarot!

Thank you for creating this. :thumbsup:

Okay, my guess is this object is in a bathroom type of area. Near a toilet or something similar.

MantraTarot

awesome! thanks for participating, ladies. just need three more guesses and then a winner can be chosen and start the next round. :D

Mycroft

I immediately got the idea that the laser pointer is inside a box hidden under a bed, so that's what I'm going for.

Smiling

I immediately got the idea that the laser pointer is inside a box hidden under a bed, so that's what I'm going for.

My first attempt doing this, so here goes :)

At first I saw it inside a smaller box next to a pattern of lines - maybe representing blinds on a nearby window? then seeing it inside something like a planter with a stand, again lines, maybe patterning on the planter? or perhaps lines represent a door that has blinds on it?

MantraTarot

you guys are doing awesome! just one more guess and then a winner will be chosen!

MantraTarot

well, i thought five "players" would be enough, but i may have to change the rules and knock it down to "three" so this game doesn't die... and that's what i'm going to do now. so i'm going back to edit the original post to state that whenever we get the first three guesses, then a winner can be chosen, instead of the initial five.

and with that said, once i change the original post, i'll come back here to declare a winner! :D