Page of cups rx with Empress?

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi everyone,

How would you interpret the outcome to a love situation with the these two? The empress was a clarifier.

I see the page of cups as an immature energy, and reversed it can be a change of heart. In short not the best for a relationship. I was confused by the empress as the clarifier because I find her a good card for relationships; however, from this forum I have learned she can be smothering so perhaps one person in the relationship is immature and not open with love and maybe she wants to mother this person? Fix him?

Thoughts? I am really conflicted

j cookie

Hi. My initial thoughts were getting too serious too quickly or smothering that exciting period at the beginning of the relationship, or possibly overindulgence like texting every five minutes & not giving the other person space to breath or think. No boundaries perhaps ?

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi. My initial thoughts were getting too serious too quickly or smothering that exciting period at the beginning of the relationship, or possibly overindulgence like texting every five minutes & not giving the other person space to breath or think. No boundaries perhaps ?

Hmm yes I can see that as well with these two. So it would only be one of the parties? It's just confusing because the entire spread, which is here https://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=276433 looks to have some issues...I interpreted that he isn't too sure about this relationship and may be seeing another woman.

So the outcome being these two cards (plus the lovers as it also fell out with this bundle) confuses me. Maybe she is trying to fix him?

cherrycocacora

I think you're spot-on with the page of cups rx representing emotional immaturity. In my experience with this page, the card (especially when reversed) can point to infatuation or "puppy love". It can also point to someone who is emotionally fragile.

In this case, I kind of see the Empress as a card that stands in opposition to the page - in the sense that she is stable, mature, and nurturing while the page is excitable, infatuated, and perhaps a bit emotionally selfish. So I would interpret the Empress as maybe giving a push in the right direction - here are the type of traits that should be embodied.

The Empress could also be standing in opposition to the page by saying that one person in the relationship is far more mature and nurturing than the other - one person is ready to be vulnerable and love deeply (Empress), and the other person is very unsure and emotionally all over the place (rx page).

CaliforniaVirgo

I think you're spot-on with the page of cups rx representing emotional immaturity. In my experience with this page, the card (especially when reversed) can point to infatuation or "puppy love". It can also point to someone who is emotionally fragile.

In this case, I kind of see the Empress as a card that stands in opposition to the page - in the sense that she is stable, mature, and nurturing while the page is excitable, infatuated, and perhaps a bit emotionally selfish. So I would interpret the Empress as maybe giving a push in the right direction - here are the type of traits that should be embodied.

The Empress could also be standing in opposition to the page by saying that one person in the relationship is far more mature and nurturing than the other - one person is ready to be vulnerable and love deeply (Empress), and the other person is very unsure and emotionally all over the place (rx page).

I like your interpretation and I can definitely see that. I guess because some others cards in the spread I wondered if there was a third party. I have heard the empress as the outcome of a love spread can mean another woman; however, she was just a clarifier for the page of cups rx. The lovers also fell out with the empress and I feel it is representing decisions that will need to be made but with caution as there will be long term implications

The obstacle was the devil rx clarified by 3 of wands rx and 3 of cups rx....This is why I thought a third party/another woman might be involved...does this change your interpretation of the outcome?

BlueSun

I like your interpretation and I can definitely see that. I guess because some others cards in the spread I wondered if there was a third party. I have heard the empress as the outcome of a love spread can mean another woman; however, she was just a clarifier for the page of cups rx. The lovers also fell out with the empress and I feel it is representing decisions that will need to be made but with caution as there will be long term implications

The obstacle was the devil rx clarified by 3 of wands rx and 3 of cups rx....This is why I thought a third party/another woman might be involved...does this change your interpretation of the outcome?

I have a feeling that a third party is involved (with all the 3's, esp. the 3 of cups). The page of cups may represent a child involved (rx as in an unhappy child?) Devil card seems to mean that one party is tied to something (a past or existing relationship or marriage?)

CaliforniaVirgo

I have a feeling that a third party is involved (with all the 3's, esp. the 3 of cups). The page of cups may represent a child involved (rx as in an unhappy child?) Devil card seems to mean that one party is tied to something (a past or existing relationship or marriage?)

Thank you! I have heard this combo can mean third party but this is the first time its come up in one of my readings.

I never considered the page of cups in this spread to be a child, although I know it can mean that. I very much agree that there is something powerful that's keeping someone bound to an unhealthy way of living. with all the 3's, and such great feedback, I feel certain there is a third party..or more!

MarkMcElroy

Just for Fun

Page of Cups - Inexperienced or clumsily-expressed emotions
Reversed - Blocked or prevented from expression

Clarifier: Empress (Trump, so gets more emphasis) Mother Issues

So, what if the reading identifies an obstacle: the fact that an emotionally-inexperienced person, terrified of making a mistake, is holding back instead of expresssing himself, for fear of being embarrassed ...

... because there was an important female figure in his life who judged him harshly?

For ideas about actions to take:

Turn that Page of Cups right side up by urging someone to express emotions, up themselves out there, make a grand gesture, say what’s on his or her mind, and

Reverse the Empress by embracing the idea that the current love interest is not the Mother figure, doesn’t have the same mindset, and represents an opportunity for healing and productive growth?

Just ideas. Take what works, discard what doesn’t! :)

CaliforniaVirgo

Page of Cups - Inexperienced or clumsily-expressed emotions
Reversed - Blocked or prevented from expression

Clarifier: Empress (Trump, so gets more emphasis) Mother Issues

So, what if the reading identifies an obstacle: the fact that an emotionally-inexperienced person, terrified of making a mistake, is holding back instead of expresssing himself, for fear of being embarrassed ...

... because there was an important female figure in his life who judged him harshly?

For ideas about actions to take:

Turn that Page of Cups right side up by urging someone to express emotions, up themselves out there, make a grand gesture, say what’s on his or her mind, and

Reverse the Empress by embracing the idea that the current love interest is not the Mother figure, doesn’t have the same mindset, and represents an opportunity for healing and productive growth?

Just ideas. Take what works, discard what doesn’t! :)

Well, crap this could very well be the case too! If I speak to her again I can mention that this could also be the case. Because it was "Their" potential future I felt it was about only them; one person mothering the other OR one person is just not emotionally mature enough for a healthy relationship and decision will need to be made..

But your interpretation has got my mind thinking!