Tarot Subscription Service

Alta

This discussion reminds me of something. Back in the 70's I subscribed to a service whereby I bought a set of recipe cards each month. The plastic recipe box was included.

How's this? A person could subscribe for a set monthly fee and receive a few cards, maybe 10, and maybe from a couple of different decks. If the subscriber wanted to purchase the full deck, that month's subscription fee would come off the cost of the full deck.

madhatter00o

This discussion reminds me of something. Back in the 70's I subscribed to a service whereby I bought a set of recipe cards each month. The plastic recipe box was included.

How's this? A person could subscribe for a set monthly fee and receive a few cards, maybe 10, and maybe from a couple of different decks. If the subscriber wanted to purchase the full deck, that month's subscription fee would come off the cost of the full deck.

I would sooooo sign up to that subscription.

It reminds me, in Japan (and maybe elsewhere, too), some online shops offer to send you a "lucky card" with your purchase if you agree to write a review. I did this when I bought my Japanese Myth Tarot and received the Page of Wands from a random and (as yet) unidentified deck. I just remember thinking to myself, "I wish they told me which deck this is from... I would order it next time!"

gregory

If you still have that card - post an image - someone here will know what it is. Maybe even I will !

Zephyros

danieljuk, actually Fool's Dog provides a similar service, you can download a free app for sampling different decks. It works on iOS, I don't know about Android/WP.

Yeah, the sampler app is available for Android, I have it. Really great app, I've had some interesting readings with cards from all different decks.

It would be nice if they could change the cards and decks from time to time.

Ballerina

I love Alta's idea. Get some samples regularly, then be able to order the decks you want. I'd definitely do that.

madhatter00o

If you still have that card - post an image - someone here will know what it is. Maybe even I will !

I hope this doesn't derail the conversation, but:

Obverse:

Reverse:

Yeah, the sampler app is available for Android, I have it. Really great app, I've had some interesting readings with cards from all different decks.

It would be nice if they could change the cards and decks from time to time.

Back on topic! I just downloaded this app on my Android. It's pretty dang fabulous! I like that each Spread has its own theme deck and that you can choose from a bunch of Tarot cloths! (I wish some of those patterns were real... I'd buy them all. And then I'd be poor... dilemma, dilemma... >_<;; )

gregory

Fantastical Creatures (Lisa Hunt). Easy to find, I think. Enjoy your purchase })

And something like Alta suggested might well work.

madhatter00o

Fantastical Creatures (Lisa Hunt). Easy to find, I think. Enjoy your purchase })

And something like Alta suggested might well work.

Oh, you wonderful, dastardly enabler, you! It shall go to the top of my list for next month's Tarot budget. (I've already exhausted mine for this month... because I have impulse control issues. >_>)

Actually, that would be something to think about with a subscription service. Maybe it could take a cue from Netflix. So you get a bunch of single cards once a month because you're a member, right? That membership is linked to an online account by which you can queue decks that you're interested in purchasing. (This would be helpful in keeping track of your wishlist, as well as stemming the issue of just buying everything you like all at once... yeah, impulse control. >_>)

Like Alta said, if you purchase one of the current month's featured decks, the subscription cost for the month (or part of it, depending on how logistics end up) is deducted from the cost of the deck. But, say you don't particularly like or feel a connection with any of the decks that month, or perhaps you like a deck from a past month (in your online queue... because you could only get one deck that month or something) better. Then, you can put a set portion of the current month's subscription towards a past deck! (I really hope that made sense... :p)

I think this could work, guys! :D