Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 208 : July 25 - July 31

Scarlet Woodland

It's not going as well with my oracle this week, the Heart of Faerie. These cards feel less like an oracle and more like flashcards that tell me about certain faeries. The artwork is lovely, but it just isn't speaking to me strongly the way that some of my other oracles do. Oh well...can't love everything, right?

Do you have the Faeries Oracle aswell? I found myself missing its (much better) guidebook when just using the Heart of Faerie but worked wonderfully when I paired them up together. I do read very much from the book rather than intuitively with these but have found them very accurate that way so I'm sticking with it :D

VGimlet

I'd like to join the next one is there a sign up thread?

You can sign up now if you want! :D (As BodhiSeed said) Or wait until Friday the 31 when I'll be posting the new thread. I add people as they decide what deck they are working with during the week. Some people change decks on Saturday, some on Sunday, some on other days.

Then we have a new daily draws thread Madrigal creates every week, and I link it up to this thread so we have easy access.

It's very relaxed, and not very structured, which is a good thing.

And welcome!

RiverRunsDeep

Thoroughly enjoying my week with Morgan Greer and Robin Wood!
It has been like a lovely visit with old and trusted friends.

Had a crazy dream last night and used the decks to clarify what
the dream could mean. My reading is here.

VGimlet

Thoroughly enjoying my week with Morgan Greer and Robin Wood!
It has been like a lovely visit with old and trusted friends.

Had a crazy dream last night and used the decks to clarify what
the dream could mean. My reading is here.

Sounds like your reading was spot on. :D You aren't in control when disasters strike, no matter how you try (even in dreams, maybe.)

I have enjoyed the Cook's Tarot, but I'll definitely be ready to move on to something different next week.

madhatter00o

Ugh... I've been so remiss in my actual usage of my Deck of the Week that I might have to repeat it next week.

I am, however, making great headway in my translation and annotations of the Explanation Sheet (LWB-type chart) for the Japanese Myth Tarot. So, when I do start to use the deck in earnest, I should (theoretically) have a really good foundation for understanding it.

It's just, this last week has been exceedingly busy, with lots of new work opportunities (requires scheduling and rescheduling), as well as those looming term papers... and Tarot studies, and work, and biking to work (time-consuming! XP), and having to make food, and sleeping. You get the idea.

Luckily, starting this Monday (when I turn in my last paper), I'll be on summer break and will be able to devote myself a little more to practicing Tarot, as opposed to simply studying it like I have been.

I'm still going to post my Daily Draw for today, but I really feel like I've cheated my deck and the intention of this thread by neglecting to do *daily* draws and work with the deck each day.. >_<;;

Madrigal

I've been enjoying my Oracle of the Radiant Sun a lot this week. The Cosmic Tarot I'm finding a little harder to connect with. That could be partly because I'm drawing repeat cards so the variety I enjoy is somewhat muted. Artistically it's a beautiful deck, I love the artwork but emotionally I find it a little remote. We'll see how that plays out for the rest of the week as I've barely scratched the surface with it.

swedishfish612

Do you have the Faeries Oracle aswell? I found myself missing its (much better) guidebook when just using the Heart of Faerie but worked wonderfully when I paired them up together. I do read very much from the book rather than intuitively with these but have found them very accurate that way so I'm sticking with it :D

I do, and I love FO. But this one feels so different. Like a more superficial, or maybe rushed, version of FO.

Scarlet Woodland

I know what you mean. Had had my expectations suitably lowered by other aeclectics, thankfully, before I got it, so was actually better than I'd expected.

The only time I use it on its own is for relationship readings but otherwise I always pair it with the original and feel it does add something then. Tend to think of it as an add-on to the Faeries Oracle rather than a deck in its own right... like a giant easter egg in my fav movie/game.

Of course its possible I'm a little biased as its weirdly fun to have 'the boy' pop up in a reading considering I went to primary school with him haha (the Frouds live in the next village to my parents'). Committed the cardinal sin of telling him I had his dad's autograph when he was about 7 and I don't think he ever forgave me :D Thank goodness I didn't mention the whole Labyrinth baby thing ;)

Was super weird to come across these decks for the first time when i got seriously into tarot 20 odd years later.

Scarlet Woodland

Haven't had much in-depth work to do with my decks this week but have been getting some great 3-4 card daily draws from them all. It's been fascinating to see where their takes on the day differ and align... they definitely all have their own personality.

Have found I put more work into my interpretations now I have some lovely new journals and pens for the decks and therefore actually want to write about them. Whereas before I would have just taken a flash impression, moved on and probably forgotten the reading by the end of the day; this week I've written out the possible interpretations for each card according to the deck's guidebook then a short sentence for what I think it's specifically saying for the coming day (I do them the night before). This means I've been able to go back and confirm that I did have the right angle, which is reassuring.

They all have their own things they want to talk about. So far, the Samhain Treat Deck has been great for practical, earthy matters of work and play; the Tarot of Vampyres has been advising me on mood/attitude and how I relate to others; and the Bohemian Gothic has struck a nice balance between the two, while all have their own spiritual touch. All will definitely be reappearing in my deck of the week selection soon.

ETA: Not to say that the Tarot of Vampyres can't be practical... did a three card reading earlier for what I should do this evening and wasn't quite sure what it was getting at at first. Realised later it had perfectly described the film I then went on to watch :D

RiverRunsDeep

Sounds like your reading was spot on. :D

Thanks! :)

Ugh... I've been so remiss in my actual usage of my Deck of the Week that I might have to repeat it next week.

I'm still going to post my Daily Draw for today, but I really feel like I've cheated my deck and the intention of this thread by neglecting to do *daily* draws and work with the deck each day.. >_<;;

Don't beat yourself up over this. I think the intention of this thread is for us
to enjoy our decks. I'm sure we all have an "ideal" way we'd like to go about
using our cards, but I've found that if I keep waiting for a perfect week where
everything runs smoothly,well....it never really happens! Just do what you
can. :)