Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 207 : July 18 - July 24

Madrigal

My two weeks with the Wild Unknown Tarot and Alchemist's Oracle have felt intense. I have the sense of having been on a two week retreat! I've decided to spend the week with the Vintage Playing Card Oracles by Ana Cortez.

It'll be a week of double commutes in rush traffic every day so not a lot of time to write or assimilate. Am keeping it simple and thus no Tarot for me this week.

Madame Squee

Please sign me up with the Sola Busca Revisited Tarot and Dutch Lenormand.

Thank you.

Scarlet Woodland

Will be really interested to hear how you get on with the sola busca. Am waiting for my first seven stars deck at the mo and it'll help tide me over :D

My early impressions of the Oracle of the Mermaids are good with a notable exception or two... a couple of the divinatory meanings that I've come across so far have been definite WTF moments. One for Coral just tells you the symbolism for different colours of coral then gives you a lecture on not buying it harvested (well duh) and the other, Conchomancy, orders you to begin divinating via seashells and stop using non ocean friendly cosmetics.

By all means go into this stuff in the introduction but don't waste a card on it... I have quite literally drawn a deeper and more useful interpretation from a packet of digestive biscuits (lest you think I'm crackers: the boyfriend jokingly asked if the packet was part of my tarot spread before picking one up to munch, naturally I told him with a straight face that it represented going back to basics ;) ).

That said, the cards are beautiful and evocative, so as long as I keep a running note in my head on which ones have daft book interps, I can make sure I just read them intuitively. Will give the book a proper read tomorrow and see how many card interps provoke eye rolls.

Ms. Jocelyn

Nefertari's Tarots/Isis Oracle

Hi everyone,

I am using the beautiful Nefertari's Tarot and the equally as beautiful oracle, the Isis Oracle. I will be drawing one card per each deck daily.

I hope to be able to get some photos of this deck as the Nefertari's Tarot is rich with gold foil:-D

Thanks!

Madrigal

Hi everyone,

I am using the beautiful Nefertari's Tarot and the equally as beautiful oracle, the Isis Oracle. I will be drawing one card per each deck daily.

I hope to be able to get some photos of this deck as the Nefertari's Tarot is rich with gold foil:-D

Thanks!

This was exactly the combo I was considering for this week. I'll be interested to see how you get on with it.

Madame Squee

Changing decks

Hey VGimlet,

I need to change to Harmonious Tarot & Le Fanu's Destroyed Dondorf.

Sorry for being so wishy washy! I'm on track now.

Thank you:love:

VGimlet

Hey VGimlet,

I need to change to Harmonious Tarot & Le Fanu's Destroyed Dondorf.

Sorry for being so wishy washy! I'm on track now.

Thank you:love:

All up to date for now. :D Better to switch and enjoy your week.

I am enjoying the Deck of the Bastard. I waffled for a long time, but like so many decks it grew on me over time. I like it much better than the scans, they don't do it justice, IMO.

Scarlet Woodland

I am enjoying the Deck of the Bastard. I waffled for a long time, but like so many decks it grew on me over time. I like it much better than the scans, they don't do it justice, IMO.

I'm finding the same with my (arrived today whoop!) Samhain deck of the Bastard. Couldn't really tell from the scans how much I liked it but just had a feeling I'd love it in person so went for it. Thankfully I was right :D

Ms. Jocelyn

This was exactly the combo I was considering for this week. I'll be interested to see how you get on with it.

That's interesting. I will let you know. Today's reading was a good one. I think they both worked well together. I am saving to buy the Egyptian Lenormand too to use with this deck. I also have the Ibis Tarot and the Egyptian Tarot. I went on a Egyptian deck buying spree I guess:-D

RiverRunsDeep

Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot

I love how the images in Waking the Wild Spirit honor people of all
ages. In fact, my two favorite cards in the deck are the crones: Dream
Weaver with her raven (corresponds to High Priestess) and Wildwitch with
her owl (corresponds to Queen of Wands). Their images are attached, as
well as an image of the card backs; they are too lovely not to share!

I'm finding the deck to be a challenging reader. The creator meant for it
to be an oracle, but the publisher insisted it had to be a tarot; it has elements
of both, but doesn't read like either. I feel like I am going in circles with it,
but I think that is my inexperience. With time, I think these cards will
develop very personalized meanings for me. Today's daily draw is here.

Attachments

• IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 63