If you were a millionare

Disa

These are all great ideas you've all posted!!!

First I would contact Chronata and see what supplies and marketing things she needs so she can create more Tarot things for the rest of us and be comfortable while she's doing it.

Then I would go to all the Tarot Meetings and conferences during the year so I could meet those of you who go and see what fun and learning there is to be had.

Finally I would open a cozy little shop with coffee and pastries and Tarot. Tarot decks, Tarot Books, Tarot classes, Tarot discussions, Tarot readings, Tarot bags, Spread cloths, Tarot boxes, Tarot themed jewelry, clothing, purses, any and all things Tarot. Only Tarot, so people who come in can meet and mingle and know that all who enter have some sort of interest in Tarot and they are probably willing to discuss it with each other. There would be lots of tables for meeting,mingling, and making friends with people who have an interest in Tarot.

Thoughtful

We need to join forces. ;)

I also think a tarot hotel would be good to have on the premises as well. There would be Thoth inspired designs and decor of course. Global tarot conventions and crystal & gem shows could be held here.

ETA: Ha! I think I would like to turn this whole idea into an all inclusive tarot resort. People from all over the world would come for holiday vacations- Learn tarot while you stay. I have plans for a fabulous pool. I'll use the Star card for

inspiration. :)

Joining forces with our millions would be incredible, oh what we could do.

l am with you there on the Resort, what with that and the Park it would rival Disney as a worldwide attraction.

But then we could bring the serious side in with my Academy, not everyone is geared to fun, frolics and tarot. The Academy would be built in a quiet woodland haven for the more sober of folk, where picnics and walks would stir their interest. But near enough to the resort should they fancy kicking their heels.

Hoping there may be a Billionaire reading all this that would invest. One can dream :joke:

celticnoodle

Uncle Bob just left you an inheritance of millions of dollars. Unbeknownst to you he was a tarot enthusiast. He demands in his will that you must spend at least one million torward tarot anyway you'd like to spend it. What would you do with it? I would:

:laugh: One million in tarot??? wow! I would buy all the decks I wanted, yes, of course, and I'd also buy a bunch of decks for people whom I know are also tarot enthusiasts. Of course the majority of them would be here on A.T. :D I'd probably invest in other tarot type goodies--boxes, bags to keep them in, (I guess this would count, right?) and I'd have to invest in a storage area made specifically for my tarot decks and things. I'd pay for some 'newbies' to take online courses of their choice--whatever I could do tarot wise to use the million. that wouldn't be too easy, you know!

I do hope there are a few million left over for me to do what I wish with too though. However, if not, I could always just sell the decks I just purchased and make a bit of money on them. ;)

Fun question. :D

oooh! just thought, I KNOW there are cruises for psychic mediums and probably for tarot enthusiasts as well. So, I would pay for AT members to take a tarot cruise--first come first serve--and I'd pay for their cruise ship expense. Then, we could all go on this cruise and read for each other and just have a grand ol' time! :party: :party: :party:

eta: Disa, I love your tarot shop idea! That is a good idea! I'll copy that too--(if you don't mind, ;) ). I would probably buy 2 shops. One for me and then another one for my friend who has a New Age shop in VT. She rents her space, and the owner doesn't take great care of it, and its hard for her. So, if I could buy it for her--set her up in business, cut her a check now and again to live on while she runs the shop, and it would have to have a living space attached to it--for when hub & I visit there, it would be great for us all!

DesertDream

Finally I would open a cozy little shop with coffee and pastries and Tarot. Tarot decks, Tarot Books, Tarot classes, Tarot discussions, Tarot readings, Tarot bags, Spread cloths, Tarot boxes, Tarot themed jewelry, clothing, purses, any and all things Tarot. Only Tarot, so people who come in can meet and mingle and know that all who enter have some sort of interest in Tarot and they are probably willing to discuss it with each other. There would be lots of tables for meeting,mingling, and making friends with people who have an interest in Tarot.

Yes yes yes! Ive always romanced the idea of a tea and coffee shop but never thought to include tarot! That sounds like a blast!

DesertDream

Joining forces with our millions would be incredible, oh what we could do.

l am with you there on the Resort, what with that and the Park it would rival Disney as a worldwide attraction.

But then we could bring the serious side in with my Academy, not everyone is geared to fun, frolics and tarot. The Academy would be built in a quiet woodland haven for the more sober of folk, where picnics and walks would stir their interest. But near enough to the resort should they fancy kicking their heels.

Hoping there may be a Billionaire reading all this that would invest. One can dream :joke:

Yes i wish i was that secret billionare! Perhaps we can get together on operation kidnap bill gates and turn him into a raging tarot enthusiast!

Carla

I think I would hire or recruit the biggest brains in tarot (Mary K Greer, Robert Place, Lon Milo DuQuette, Rachel Pollack et al) as an advisory committee on the best use of the money for the promotion and preservation of tarot. Then I'd get a tarot enthusiast project manager to draw something up for me based on their recommendations. :)

Zephyros

I see gregory hasn't commented yet, but I usually have a short back and forth with her in these threads. Her answer, if I may be so bold as to make a guess, would be the wooden Kashmiri and the Sangreal Thoth. My answer is similar, I would get the Sangreal, and offer the creator of the Amoun-Ra anything they wanted, anything at all, nothing held back, just so they would finally allow their deck to be published.

Seriously, I would offer them anything. Whatever they wanted, whatever it took. I NEED that deck published!

nisaba

Very smart loophole i didnt think of!
<grin>

For the tarot ccommunity could you smuggle decks into countries mostly forgien to tarot?

<cackle> My Fun Thing was stapling money to individual cards and scattering them from a plane.

Teyata

Love this question

Good answers everyone - I especially like the idea of the Tarot theme park and/or museum. What if each park worker dressed up as a different character from the Major Arcana? (Add clothing as necessary, lol)

If I had a million to spend on Tarot, I'd commission a few decks that interest me - I'd love to see a Shinto-influenced Tarot and a South Slavic mythology-based Tarot :) I'd also send some of my favorite Tarot teachers with a deck of their choice as a thank you. Then, I'd set aside continuing education money so I could attend at least Tarot conference every year for the next 10 years.

After that, I'd work with professionals to design a fully feasible education curriculum that incorporates Tarot into learning math & foreign languages. A sort of interactive, fun, and engaging Rosetta Stone for the cards. I think the study of math and languages naturally lend themselves to Tarot, and with such an endowment I'd want to create a self-sustaining, profitable endeavor so that the Tarot 'inheritance fund' could grow itself and even more people could have access to the cards!

Oh, and I'd go on a BIG shopping spree :D Duh!

GotH

Good answers everyone - I especially like the idea of the Tarot theme park and/or museum. What if each park worker dressed up as a different character from the Major Arcana? (Add clothing as necessary, lol)

A nice idea and one that I have given thought to but the problem would be with some of the majors like Judgment and the Tower. Unlike the court cards, these would be difficult to costume but some of the others like Devil, Empress and Hermit would be great. We just wouldn't be working with a full (major) deck in this case. ;) I decided to use the major arcana as park ride themes instead. Like the Hanged Man for instance. This would be a screaming drop which then turns to a back and forth motion. :)