If you were a millionare

Tanga

Such cool answers!

Have pocket sized versions and borderless versions of my favourites made.
I'd bring back some OOPs
Commission my own visions
Donate to AT.

Like the theme park idea :joke: - and the Tarot themed house...

karen0205

I would open up a tarot cafe in my area!

Sharla

I'd do everything you've already suggested and also make a Tarot movie with all the cards, real actors portraying each card as their own unique story throughout.

<Hmmm i don't think there is a Tarot movie yet is there >?

Sharla

There certainly is a Tarot film clip. They're mini-movies, aren't they?

Interesting clip nisaba.....but i did mean like a maybe 2 hr - 2 1/2hr long film going through the fools journey in all the major cards, and also bringing the minors into play throughout.

You know the fool sets out on his journey, but it might be the knight of wands that brings him....and the knight of wands who's not one to stick around gets bored of waiting around for the fool with the magician, so gets off as he see's something much more interesting.

plant witch

I'd build myself my dream house and then add a tarot room for readings/meditations. if I had any cash left over I'd buy indie decks to support the artists.

danieljuk

if I was a millionaire, I would....

- buy an OOP good quality copy of the Greenwood Tarot

- build / decorate / create a tarot studio / place / room with a big circular table where I can do readings and leave them laid out and have storage for my collection! A tarot place for meeee!

- buy one of the fabulous old esoteric and occultist bookshops in London and save it, I read some are in danger! I want to save them for decades to come with the threat of internet shopping

- any money left, I would put in the fund for subscriptions for people on AT who have no money or in a bad place currently and want to be a subscriber

Mystica7

I would found a school to teach tarot and witchcraft!

I would start a business, a pagan shop. (A real one, I would buy a property/land in some remote location -in the USA-.) There you'll find any and every -including rare- tarot and oracle decks of various sorts.

I would buy Aeclectic (haha!), well no but am really serious about the pagan shop and the educational activities like seminars and classes. For the latter, actually I don't need a million dollars but a college, with a proper History department, which will agree to hire me as a freelance lecturer to teach on the history of witchcraft, paganism, occult and other related subjects. Tarot sure would be included...

Rosewater

Sigh, I would love to do all of the above.
Also, I would love to get a custom made motorized gypsy wagon, and travel around giving free readings

You speak for me!

madhatter00o

I've been following this thread since its inception, and I've delighted with everyone else's creativity and enthusiasm for Tarot.

A particular favourite is Tarotland! (Well, I don't think a name was decided, but the Tarot theme park... I'd go every day if I could!)

Also the Tarot Cafe idea is brilliant. (Did you know there is a manga called "Tarot Cafe"? The interpretations of the cards are all very wonky, and while the story takes tarot as its backbone, the arcs all deviate and kind of do whatever they want. Also, it gets into early 20th century daemonology... The art is good, though there are pretty much no establishing shots of the setting, which makes reading it a little tough. But overall, it's pretty entertaining. But I digress!)

If I had a million dollars to fuel my Tarot obsession, I'd create a physical public Tarot forum, much like a cafe, but ordering food/drink would be completely optional. It would be for anyone to enter to sit and study, exchange readings, chat (quietly) about the latest decks, and generally enjoy the company of other enthusiasts.

The structure would be mostly wooden (at least the exterior would... the internal structure can be metal if zoning codes require it), and circular in shape with a large, wooden pillar, like a tree's trunk, in the center supporting the roof. It would have a pleasantly aged feel about it, like you're stepping into a space untouched by the hassles and problems of modern life. Sunlight would tumble in from the thick, glass skylights, casting a warm glow throughout the forum.

An eclectic mix of large and small tables, seats, armchairs, and cushions would be sprinkled throughout the Forum, so that guests could relax into their work (or fun!).

Expansive, periodic windows -- again, made of old, thick glass -- would provide excellent views of the surrounding gardens, and above those windows would be rows and rows of bookshelves circling the entire forum. Guests could use those fancy bookcase ladders (or a member of the staff would do so in their stead, should the guest be unable to use a ladder) to fetch books as well as decks for further study and review.

Of course, food and drinks (with vegan options!) would be available, and guests could stay as long as they'd like.

Besides the Forum, I'd go for another degree in either Anthropology or Religious Studies (or the appropriate research field) to study, research, and write a dissertation on the Tarot and its surrounding mythologies, symbols, and systems.