Does a deck ever give you a talking to you rather than answer your question?

alienprincess

Of course :D
Honestly, I'm happy when my deck doesn't answer certain questions. When you find your cards avoiding a straight answer / giving advice instead, it's time to put them down and center yourself. Realize the question does not need to be answered and let life flow as it should.

Lunaea

Oooh yes, they do. And I find that the Mystical Cats tarot is especially prone to that. I once asked if it would be a good idea for me to do a certain thing and the answer I got was "just do it and stop being such a stupid idiot".

The Cat was quite direct with its advice as I was creating the deck and very specific about how I shared that advice in the book. I know Mickie had the same experience when she was illustrating the cards. Cats tell it like it is! Take it or leave it! :)

bud

The Cat was quite direct with its advice as I was creating the deck and very specific about how I shared that advice in the book. I know Mickie had the same experience when she was illustrating the cards. Cats tell it like it is! Take it or leave it! :)

Haha, yes they are (cats in general), and yes it is (the deck telling it like it is)! Such a thrill to hear this from the deck's creator. I love the accompanying book so much, that I have to admit that as a novice reader, if the picture themselves weren't so evocative, I'd probably over rely on the book's text!

Scarlet Woodland

My Tarot of Vampyres has been doing this for me today. Felt really s***ty this morning and was coming up with a list of actions to help me feel better. I then tried to check if I'd feel better later, if I'd feel better tomorrow, if following these actions would help... nope it didn't want to tell me any of that... it just wanted to call me out on the shortcomings that caused me to feel like that in the first place, over and over and over. Cheeky bugger ;)