lost a card - what to do?

delinfrey

I am heartbroken and completely devastated - today I was laying out my Sacred Rose deck and found out that the Five of Swords (my favourite card) was missing.
I am completely baffled as to how this is possible - I keep this deck on top of my organ and it haven't lost a card in the last 15 years. I am out of ideas (and if anyone knows lost item location divination, it is much appreciated).

Have you ever lost a card from a deck? How have you coped? What is left to do?
I have the early edition (the one with the Fool on the cover), and it is impossible to get from anywhere.

Any good advice?

Emily

Have you checked where you keep the deck - bag or box? make sure the card just hasn't stuck to the back of another and then, if it still hasn't turned up, when did you last use the deck.

rwcarter

Sometimes lost cards reappear in the darnedest places, places that you KNOW you never would've put them. So don't give up hope yet. :)

You can also post in the Lost & Found thread here in Talking Tarot to see if anyone has a spare.

Good luck finding the card/acquiring a replacement!

Rodney

delinfrey

See, that's the weirdest thing - I left on a trip ca a week ago, and before that, I placed the deck on my altar under a rose quartz. I have kept this deck without a box for 15 years and bought a wooden box right before going on the trip. So, I kept it loose on an organ - nothing happens to it. I buy a wooden box and put a rose quartz on it - gone!

I truly hope I will find it, it is my most sacred deck...

delinfrey

thank you so much for posting the links! Very good information - I will try the coaxing, and also posted my card on the Lost and Found thread.

I also did a location reading with my Lenormand deck. Ok, let's be honest - I did two.
So the first one showed that it's in a health-care facility (um, no, I don't go to the doctor) OR in a garden, bush, tree, plant area. I -do- have a garden, will have to check there in the morning then.

The second reading said nearby area. Well the only nearby bushy area IS my garden... I have a few plants in the kitchen as well. Will keep you posted!

Laurelle

The missing card is probably trying to tell you something. Have you thought about the message?

I bet it will turn up in a place that makes perfect sense in the context of whatever message tarot is trying to deliver for you.

delinfrey

Laurelle, actually I have been thinking that as well. It kind of has a very... significant feel to it, the whole ordeal. And of course, the card missing is the Five of Swords. Hard not to read into that one...

Thoughtful

See, that's the weirdest thing - I left on a trip ca a week ago, and before that, I placed the deck on my altar under a rose quartz. I have kept this deck without a box for 15 years and bought a wooden box right before going on the trip. So, I kept it loose on an organ - nothing happens to it. I buy a wooden box and put a rose quartz on it - gone!

I truly hope I will find it, it is my most sacred deck...

From what you say l gather you put the deck in the box with the rose quartz on top?

Have you looked to see if the card had fallen into or under your organ whilst getting the box ready.
Your cards said healthcare facility could it be the organ is where you play your music to relax and make you feel better.

Sounds like this five of swords is putting up a fight and does not want to be hidden away in a box :p

lark

I know you have probably done this already, but 3 times last week I thought I lost cards from different decks and I just took a deep breath and went through all the cards very slowly and all 3 time they were right in the deck all along.
One was kind of stuck to the back of another card.