How to break through a Tarot Deck

Grizabella

The New Palladini is one of my favorite decks, but I seldom use it to read with. However, if I did read with it, it would be one of those decks where I'd rely heavily on my memory of card meanings because it doesn't really have a lot of symbolism that sparks my intuition. It's an absolutely gorgeous deck and that's why I keep that one and the Aquarian, but I haven't used either deck to read with consistently.

RiverRunsDeep

Summary

Images are lacking in movement / action
Lots of purple and green
Need to work on finding the communication block I have with the deck.
Try doing different questions for daily draw.
Do a morning daily draw
Ask questions about things I already know the answer to
Spend more time and practice with the deck
Use any RWS based books

Have I missed anything or do you have any other suggestions that may help me breakthrough to using this deck.

Should all fail, I will try to get the Deviant Moon ( open to gifting, if possible ) [emoji15]

Another idea would be to use a deck you are more comfortable with, along
with your New Palladini. For example, do a reading using the deck you are
comfortable with, then pull the same cards from the New Palladini for comparison. Or you could do the opposite: do a reading with the New
Palladini and, if you are stuck, pull the same cards from a deck you are more
familiar with. Sometimes it helps to compare different decks to get ideas
for reading.

INIVEA

The New Palladini is one of my favorite decks, but I seldom use it to read with. However, if I did read with it, it would be one of those decks where I'd rely heavily on my memory of card meanings because it doesn't really have a lot of symbolism that sparks my intuition. It's an absolutely gorgeous deck and that's why I keep that one and the Aquarian, but I haven't used either deck to read with consistently.
Yeah you're so right, rely heavily on, memory or LWB for card meanings. Lol

INIVEA

Another idea would be to use a deck you are more comfortable with, along
with your New Palladini. For example, do a reading using the deck you are
comfortable with, then pull the same cards from the New Palladini for comparison. Or you could do the opposite: do a reading with the New
Palladini and, if you are stuck, pull the same cards from a deck you are more
familiar with. Sometimes it helps to compare different decks to get ideas
for reading.
This a great idea, I so forgot about this, comparative analysis. I completely has a memory slip, lol.

INIVEA

Well good news, a small one, but good. I had a tiny breakthrough, Don't you laugh, I am the only one allowed to laugh, okay just kidding. I did the weather forecast on each card. Roflmbo

IE: 3 of Sword ~ cloudly with rain, and there might be chance of it clearing up.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/7a/c9/48/7ac94892c8c44a022936717fec9a7951.jpg

IE: The Sun ~ It's gonna be a gorgeous sunny, hot day, make sure you put some sunscreen on, the humidity will be high, a scorcher of a day.

http://www.tarotpassages.com/images/NPSun.jpg

IE: 6 of Swords ~ Later this evening the rain and clouds are going to let up, still keep that umbrella close by. You will also want to be careful while driving, for chance of hydroplaning. Warning in some lower areas there has been some flooding.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/40/5b/b4/405bb41472813d3d1ed13a1c645de3e0.jpg

IE: Knight of Swords ~ weather forecast warning; Windstorm, with gusts up to 100, power lines are down, power outages all over the city, Hydro service workers are working hard to get power back on. Power should be back on by later this evening.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5b/64/29/5b6429b209c3578c4357f42d81681e94.jpg

Alta

:D Maybe you could sell it to the Meteorological Service of Canada.

gregory

Yes, This is the New PALLADINI Tarot. I have no problem with studying the RWS system, where the problem lies is which book, that would best suited. Do I need the book that went with this deck, if so I am tapped out financially. But do have lots of other books.
Use Thirteen's meanings here (link top right "Tarot Meanings"). They are RWS based, as good as you'll find and better than most books, IMHO - and you can ask her stuff if you get stuck - and it's FREE :D

do spreads on what you already know the outcome of (poor grammar!)

Then you can begin to recognize that particular language of that deck.

I agree with AJ. For me, getting to know a deck is just a matter of practice, and some decks take more practice than others. If I'm really struggling with a deck, I'll often do readings for fictional characters whose stories I know (e.g. Cinderella, Hamlet, and so on). That way, I can more easily compare the cards I've drawn to what I know the reality of the situation is (insofar as there can be a reality with a fictional querent).
I agree with both of them. And tell stories with them too. Try Ricklef's thing, too - read about fairy stories - where you already KNOW the outcome.

Now that you don't work there any more - they could use all the help they can get :D

DesertDream

I want to be able to read it, I can pick up on some cards. But I am not able to make the connections, and I am having to refering to the LWB, oh man I feel like I am learning Tarot all over again.

I have found it a common experience of long time readers to draw blanks. It has happen to me and its not fun. If i had this deck i would go by the rider traditional interps. It looks like youd have to memorize them more with this deck. Its beautiful by the way!

INIVEA

[emoji1] yeah, maybe I should. And who knows maybe my weather forecast tarot card meanings might be more accurate, lol

queenxofxwands

I bought a deck I really wanted to connect with, it didn't happen, so I gave it away, just another option for you. When I had it, I remember feeling that I HAD to be able to use it, because I paid for it, like when you rented a movie ( back in the old days lol) and even though it was really really crap, you sat there and watched it till the end, because you paid for it. Well, I don't mean you, lliterally, but you get my drift :) I used to do that. I realised I was doing that with this horrible deck I'd bought, and I know there are a lot of collectors here, but I only buy decks to read with.