Fidelity spread

iness

Hi

I created this spread about relationship fidelity and problems that may exist and I would like to share with you... I have been using it for more or less an year and has shown results...

1 - what the other person feels / foundations of his feelings
2 - what is opposing / obstacles
3 - what is on the other person mind (what are they thinking regarding fidelity - intentions)
4 - what is on the other person body (what are they actually doing regarding fidelity)
5 - what is hidden/what do I need to know
6 - the other person intentions regarding this relationship
7 - external influences / other people surrounding the relationship
8 - final outcome of the relationship

well I hope it can be useful for you as it has been for my readings :)

iness

if you guys it would be great if you can use it and give me feedback, that would really help :)

thanks!

Halite

This was a very timely spread for me, though I think I used it in an unconventional way (I am assuming it's more meant for people to see if their partners are thinking about straying).

My neighbor has been wondering if her (married) boss is angling towards an affair with her, so I did this spread just to see how it works for this take on the fidelity issue.

I got:

1- High Priestess
2 - Heirophant
3 - 2 Swords
4 - Ace Swords
5 - 5 Cups
6 - The Moon
7 - King Wands
8 - Ace Wands

I particularly liked the contrast between the 2 Swords (mind saying whoa whoa whoa wait a second here) and the Ace Swords (body saying YES GO FOR IT). It was very illuminating. I was not at all surprised to see the HP and The Moon show up - there are certainly some secrets shown in this spread.

I'm not sure how much the shape of the layout helps with the reading, though. Do you have any comments on what your thoughts were while designing it?

iness

This was a very timely spread for me, though I think I used it in an unconventional way (I am assuming it's more meant for people to see if their partners are thinking about straying).

My neighbor has been wondering if her (married) boss is angling towards an affair with her, so I did this spread just to see how it works for this take on the fidelity issue.

I got:

1- High Priestess
2 - Hierophant
3 - 2 Swords
4 - Ace Swords
5 - 5 Cups
6 - The Moon
7 - King Wands
8 - Ace Wands

I particularly liked the contrast between the 2 Swords (mind saying whoa whoa whoa wait a second here) and the Ace Swords (body saying YES GO FOR IT). It was very illuminating. I was not at all surprised to see the HP and The Moon show up - there are certainly some secrets shown in this spread.

I'm not sure how much the shape of the layout helps with the reading, though. Do you have any comments on what your thoughts were while designing it?

Hi :) thanks so much for using it :)
interesting also is that the Hierophant is in the opposing position, and Hierophant have everything to do with no sex, platonic and to try to get knowledge and work and to be focused on the higher and not on the body... and what is he blocking? he is blocking and opposing the HP (feelings, emotions and desires) yes you can used it that way also... the moon his intentions... they are kind of irrational and he fantasies and dreams about her...

well, I designed it because many people in relationships (the kind of relationship bonderies are not very clear) asking but is he/her sleeping around, does he/her thinks about it... wandering eyes or just practical action... and I wanted a spread to answer those specific dynamics within the relationship... maybe for ex a person just not want to really commit because feels not enough (opposition) and then you can see that their feelings are true, does not think about other people, has good intentions and what you should know for ex is that this person is trying to find better job t fix his life and go forward...

so basically I created it out of need...

On the left I put more interior motives (left side - heart)
On the right side the positions are more related to things that can come from the outside
on the center... what you should know and the outcome because it joined left and right (heart and mind)...
Hope It makes more sense to you now and if you have any thing to add feel free, feedback and questions are always welcome, helps us both to learn and grow :)

Halite

Yes that makes much more sense when you point that out - thanks!

Something about the icthys/analemma shape made me want to read the 5 card as the second card. I think for myself I'd turn that card on it's side when I was using this spread - to show more that is it hidden and to keep my mind from making a direct connection from the position 5 to the position 8.

That's an interesting take on the Heirophant, by the way (if this discussion is appropriate for this board). I took it to mean that if you're angling for an affair, your lawfully wedded partner is certainly going to be an obstacle! But maybe it's more complicated than just stepping out on his wife.

Ace Wands as outcome certainly makes me think he is going to make a move - I'll report back if I hear anything!

iness

Yes that makes much more sense when you point that out - thanks!

Something about the icthys/analemma shape made me want to read the 5 card as the second card. I think for myself I'd turn that card on it's side when I was using this spread - to show more that is it hidden and to keep my mind from making a direct connection from the position 5 to the position 8.

That's an interesting take on the Heirophant, by the way (if this discussion is appropriate for this board). I took it to mean that if you're angling for an affair, your lawfully wedded partner is certainly going to be an obstacle! But maybe it's more complicated than just stepping out on his wife.

Ace Wands as outcome certainly makes me think he is going to make a move - I'll report back if I hear anything!

Hi :)

thanks again for your feedback

yes it really makes sense about keeping it hidden... to boost the suspense haha

and I would agree... the ace of wands means something will happen...

Hemera

moderator note

Please post all readings to Your Readings. You can always link the reading to spreads (or vice versa) if you like.
This sub-forum is only meant for tarot spreads. Please see our Tarot Spreads Posting Guidelines
Thank you!

iness

Please post all readings to Your Readings. You can always link the reading to spreads (or vice versa) if you like.
This sub-forum is only meant for tarot spreads. Please see our Tarot Spreads Posting Guidelines
Thank you!

I was not aware that the posts started to go in that direction. Thanks so much for letting me know.

How can I do that? Now that I have posted it here.

Hemera

Dont´t worry :) It was more a reminder to everyone not to start going to that direction.