My Dream Lenormand

The Happy Squirrel

I found this deck last year at the Game Crafter. I don't usually like photo based decks, but this has that dream like quality (thus the name I guess) that it is sufficiently ephemeral. There does not seem to be any post on this deck so I thought maybe I should mention it :)

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/my-dream-lenormand

Tag_jorrit

Hmmm... I wonder what a little girl sitting on a rhinoceros might mean?

MoonGypsy

i saw this deck a few months ago on gamecrafter...sorry, but i really don't
care for it.

greatdane

I just checked it out and while lovely....

In Lenormand, I look for more standard interpretations of the images, which is why I like decks based on old decks a lot of the time. The RIDER, for me, is about bringing news quickly and I don't even care which gender is the RIDER, but a rhino standing doesn't give me the same kind of feeling. That's just me. We all look for what resonates for us in decks and while I think the imagery is lovely, it doesn't feel like Lenormand to ME personally.

The artist is very talented though. I would be curious if they read Lenormand. I find a lot of Lenormand designers, not all, but a lot, are either new to Lenormand or don't read at all.

1Eleven

In Lenormand, I look for more standard interpretations of the images, which is why I like decks based on old decks a lot of the time. The RIDER, for me, is about bringing news quickly and I don't even care which gender is the RIDER, but a rhino standing doesn't give me the same kind of feeling. That's just me. We all look for what resonates for us in decks and while I think the imagery is lovely, it doesn't feel like Lenormand to ME personally.

The artist is very talented though. I would be curious if they read Lenormand. I find a lot of Lenormand designers, not all, but a lot, are either new to Lenormand or don't read at all.

Unfortunately, we are seeing more decks lately than there are readers.

GotH

From the few pics I just viewed, I actually like the 3D effect this deck seems to have. And about the standing rhino, they aren't exactly slow creatures once they do take off (31 miles/hour at short distances) but I can see why a *standing* animal wouldn't feel exactly right.

I'd like to see more of this deck.

greatdane

Yes GotH!

You hit the nail on the head for me re the Rhino. STANDING. I see the Rider as movement and IF it had been in a GALLOPING position, I could have seen it more in line with that imagery.

IHeartRescues

Umm no. I don't need old deck repros necessarily, although if I did I would go w/ Tag_ jorrits', but I Do like clear imagery that depicts the MEANING of the cards. Cards for card readers absolutely!