Looking for a Lenormand deck with both people facing to the right

MissNine

I recently purchased the Königsfurt Urania deck. I was happy with the bridge size upon opening it. But to my disappointment, the lady is facing left. I read all cards in a GT from left to right. I had to stop using my new deck because the lady's direction kept throwing me off.

I am looking for a deck with:
- small cards (Bridge or poker size)
- both Lady and Man facing TO THE RIGHT
- a deck that's traditional (French Cartomancy/Dorndorf). You know, the lady in the hoop skirt dress, looking very 1859.
- an economic deck under $20.

Any ideas?
I appreciate the help!

Sharla

Thats exactly how i feel with the lady facing left, and just the same as you it started to throw me off when doing a GT, and don't do them much now because of this.

Or even maybe where both lady and man card are just facing forward would be better.

MissNine

Thats exactly how i feel with the lady facing left, and just the same as you it started to throw me off when doing a GT, and don't do them much now because of this.

Or even maybe where both lady and man card are just facing forward would be better.

Exactly. With the lady facing left and man facing right, it's very weird looking in a GT or even short spread when the man is in the lady's future, on the right. It looks like he's avoiding her or vice versa.

1Eleven

Exactly. With the lady facing left and man facing right, it's very weird looking in a GT or even short spread when the man is in the lady's future, on the right. It looks like he's avoiding her or vice versa.

I don't often read past/present/future so this hasn't been an issue for me (I prefer lady facing left and man to the right.) I could see how it may be bothersome to those that do. With that said, I still believe a cards direction should be secondary.

Tag_jorrit

- a deck that's traditional (French Cartomancy/Dorndorf). You know, the lady in the hoop skirt dress, looking very 1859.
Any ideas?
I appreciate the help!

Ah, a person after my own heart. At my Game of Hope web store you can find a bunch of very rare, traditional repro decks from the 1800s with ladies in hoop skirts. :) You'll like them a lot.

MissNine

I don't often read past/present/future so this hasn't been an issue for me (I prefer lady facing left and man to the right.) I could see how it may be bothersome to those that do. With that said, I still believe a cards direction should be secondary.

Unfortunately, for readers with ADHD, the direction of the significator cards in the GT can really distract one from proceeding with the interpretation. *Sigh*

How do you read a GT if it's not past/present/future, if you don't mind me asking? do you read only the present? Only future?
The direction of the man and woman cards don't make a difference when you read GTs?

MissNine

Ah, a person after my own heart. At my Game of Hope web store you can find a bunch of very rare, traditional repro decks from the 1800s with ladies in hoop skirts. :) You'll like them a lot.

Yes, I DO like the cards on your site!