10 of Wands as "is there someone who can help?"

FierceSeeress

Hello,
I did a reading for a friend that was asking about starting up a new business.
The one card represents "Is there someone who can help?" and the answer was the 10 of wands.
The negative part of the 10 of wands makes me think that no, no one can help, but I am torn between how to interpret the card and if this is actually what the reading is trying to say...
The 10 of wands means shouldering heavy responsibilities and burdens, so I take it to mean that if someone helps that he will have more responsibilities put on him, or that he will have to shoulder all of their work as well... But at the same time, it could also mean that he will have heavy responsibilities and therefore could use someones help.

I'm really on the fence about the interpretation of this!
Does anyone have any advice or input?

Thank you so much!

nisaba

You're reading for your client (or yourself), not for a mythical person who isn't there yet. So it is telling them that they need to carry their own loads.

IndigoWaves

I did a reading for a friend that was asking about starting up a new business.
The one card represents "Is there someone who can help?" and the answer was the 10 of wands.
The 10W means to me that the querent will be on his own in this venture -- or, if a specific form of "help" was in mind, then at least regarding it. Maybe there's a lack of support for his business idea, in general (which could mean that it's best taken "back to the drawing board")... Otherwise, he may just be so insistent on doing everything "his way", refusing to consider outside opinions, delegate responsibility, etc., that others would be prevented from lightening his load.

FierceSeeress

That was my initial reaction too, I guess I just overthought it until it was all twisted around.
Thank you so much for the clarification!

:)