3 of pentacles - Advice

Noob

I'm not sure, Rodney

This is a person who is verbally abusive.

Does the card say anything about what happens if I don't placate him?

additional reading removed by Moderator

rwcarter

You have to be careful about reading too much into any given card. You asked what you need to do. You didn't ask what you shouldn't do or what would happen if you didn't do anything. That would be another reading and would need to be discussed in Your Readings if you post the whole reading or here in UTC if you post less than half of the cards.

Noob

To be honest I didn't post in your readings because it's essentially about the same subject just a more in-depth question

I thought by starting so many new threads members would think I'm asking the exact same question which I Am not, over and over again.

I am also embarrassed about hogging so much space on the loading page of any sub forums

Grizabella

Don't be embarrassed. Your questions are valuable no matter if you do have to take up a lot of space here. :) :heart:

There's that old saying "three's a crowd" and that sometimes causes problems no matter what age we are. The guy on the 3 of Pentacles in RWS decks is standing apart from the other two people. You and your boyfriend are the two people standing together while the other guy is further away. Your boyfriend's friend is an outside influence and even if he tries, he won't be able to come between you if your boyfriend really has a sincere love for you. The friend might try, but it won't work if you don't let it. I'd read this card as "keep your distance" from this guy. Let your boyfriend just maintain a friendship with him if he wants to, but don't make it an issue of you giving your boyfriend the ultimatum eventually that it's either you or the friend and your boyfriend has to make the choice which one to hang onto and which one to let go of.

rwcarter

Don't be embarrassed. Your questions are valuable no matter if you do have to take up a lot of space here. :) :heart:

There's that old saying "three's a crowd" and that sometimes causes problems no matter what age we are. The guy on the 3 of Pentacles in RWS decks is standing apart from the other two people. You and your boyfriend are the two people standing together while the other guy is further away. Your boyfriend's friend is an outside influence and even if he tries, he won't be able to come between you if your boyfriend really has a sincere love for you. The friend might try, but it won't work if you don't let it. I'd read this card as "keep your distance" from this guy. Let your boyfriend just maintain a friendship with him if he wants to, but don't make it an issue of you giving your boyfriend the ultimatum eventually that it's either you or the friend and your boyfriend has to make the choice which one to hang onto and which one to let go of.
She's using the Baroque Bohemian Cats deck, and the card is linked in Post 3. Quite different imagery from RWS card.

Rodney

TarotNewbie1

First thought the moment I saw the image of the three of pentacles card you posted was...Solid relationships stand the test of time. Focus on building a solid relationship with your bf so that when hard times do happen you won't even have to worry about outsiders harming your relationship. Someone is being catty and dramatic, pun intended, and solid relationships are not built on drama.

Grizabella

She's using the Baroque Bohemian Cats deck, and the card is linked in Post 3. Quite different imagery from RWS card.

Rodney

Thank you, Rodney. :) I did catch the link but with the one cat standing on what looks to me like a stage or step stool, that separates that one cat from the two standing together in the foreground. At least, that's how it seemed to me.