Justice as relationship outcome?

MandMaud

I'm thinking Libra too - the minute you said this:
That's the thing, I'm never all in.
Is Libra, or the seventh house, strong in your chart by any chance? :)

wearing myself out mentally to the point where I no longer care.
A very swordsy (airy!) kind of burnout, indeed.

What do I risk? Giving a damn, hoping etc that's energy I could spend on a million other things instead of allow myself to have feelings (no matter how little or big they could be) only to have it go to waste on someone who's probably only going to hurt and disappoint me. I should point out I'm very good at controlling how I feel about someone. I don't know, before it was easy because it was a fantasy but now I'm actually going to see him and see where this goes. I used to think the worst thing that could happen would be never knowing, but now I think the worst part would be knowing it wasn't worth it.

Myself, I wasted a lot of opportunities over the years by refusing to risk being disappointed. Leaping fully in, and being wrong, does hurt, and sometimes makes you look silly, but it's a much richer life and I don't regret dropping the more cautious, controlled mode of living. I make the same choice over and over again (my self-protective nature hasn't gone away, drawing back from attaching). Just saying. :)

The bizarre thing is that I'm not afraid of moving all by myself to a foreign country but I'm terrified of seeing him despite talking to this guy almost everyday for a whole year.

I completely get this! I'd be exactly the same. I have lived abroad (Japan - couldn't even read the road signs) and am about to start travelling solo, with health problems and whitening hair. No problem. Meeting people who had been long-term penfriends - I had loads of penfriends and eventually met a few of them - that scared me silly, and none of those were really important in an emotional/romantic way. Don't ask for feelings to make sense, that's not what they're for! :)

Of course you're terrified! I would explain your new "distance" to him, just as you have explained it here. If nothing else, that's only fair to him, as no doubt he's already picking up that something has changed. If you like, you could specify that you'll meet only for lunch once every few weeks, something like that. No strings. Be prepared with safe, impersonal topics to talk about such as the weather(!), history of that city, local places to visit, things like that; then if you don't need them to fall back on, that's a bonus, but you have them to retreat to if you get uncomfortable with the conversation either getting too deep, or stalling altogether. You have a friend in a place where you'll be a stranger, that's always nice to have, and it can remain just that without loss of face, if you communicate how you need to do it *beforehand* (in the way you communicate most easily, email!).

As a "future" card, Justice may refer to the cool and non-committal way of going about things. It isn't decreed, it's your choice.[EDIT: I mean that this way isn't decreed, it isn't the set-in-stone future.] I suggest you compare how much you'd miss him as a correspondent if you call it off, with how bad you'll feel if you get to know him in person and he turns out to be "just" a good friend.