The Quest Tarot study group

mingbop

to joseph

im mary, in scotland. I learned the tarot from my irish granny when i was wee. i'm now a granny myself. i often read for spirits when i feel them around me--this is a relatively new thing for me....and when I heard about this deck I knew it was what I needed. I often feel a bit "out of things" in that I'm a bit older(im 53) and the way I learned tarot is so very different to most of you on here.We use it only for divination--my granny was irish , from a travelling family..and probably they wouldnt have time to bother with self study, etc. But I love my cards, they have always been with me and helped me so much in my life--and you should never be closed off learning new things. I just wanted to say hallo to you and thank you for these cards. I'm waiting on mies coming from amazon now.

scheherazade

I've just begun studying the Quest Tarot. I've finally gotten it; it's my newest deck. I have a couple questions for those who have been using it longer than I have. One - Does it try to do too much? Do the various features of the deck ever confuse you? Two - how much value do you put in the cards' keywords? So far, I've found it best just to ignore them, and the books' definitions of the cards as well - they tend to contradict what I'm used to. Three - do you wish that the pips were illustrated, or are they insightful enough as they are?

That's all I can think of, for now. Can someone answer these?

scheherazade

Which classic deck does the Quest Tarot take after? It hasn't many similarities with the Rider-Waite... I was thinking that it probably took after the Thoth Tarot. What do you think?

Moonbow

Better late than never

Just found this thread, hope I'm not too late to join in.

I've just bought the Quest Tarot and I LOVE them. When I first looked at them I was a bit confused by what to use, (runes, I-ching, astro etc) but now I just use what I feel is right.

They have been very accurate for me. In fact I did a daily reading with them and wrote down what I thought the cards meant without referring to the book. It made sense but was a bit vague. The next day I read the book meanings and picked up on things that really did relate to the day before.

I just cant stop looking at these cards.

Moonbow

They remind me of the Gendron... a bit (which I also like)

JosephMartin

More amazing readings

In the past 2 1/2 months I've completed around 450 readings. Because of doing the Sacred Productions Fairs I've been reading around 50 people a week minimum with the Quest Tarot.

Some of the things that I've discovered is being rested is the most important thing in giving a good reading. (Wow) Some of these fairs are back to back and can take a lot out of you. The second is bring food and water. The third is have your book with you.

I've even read from the book to people I've been doing a spread with.

What have I learned so far?

There is a special balance between reading the cards by the book definitions and opening up to the psychic information available in the Tarot process. Always be open to what may come through that may differ from the percise card meaning. Let the cards talk to you personally. Don't ignore or judge the information.... just try to let it flow. If you have ever wanted to be a professional reader try doing a psychihc fair. You'll get lots of practice and see what it is really like to read for the public.

I've really been blessed that most of the people that have come to see me are wonderful people who are a joy to read. Once in a while you may get someone who is really closed off or having trouble being open to the Tarot process but by and large most people are great and have a honest want to know the information in the cards.

As soon as I finish my last "fairs" for the season I'll be on the boards more during the off time sharing my experience and letting you know of the new things I'm working on.

yours
Joseph

dolphinprincess

I just got this deck in the mail yesterday, and I really love it. When I saw the pictures on the website, I just got lost in them. The images on the deck itself are a little less vibrant than those on the site, but they are still wonderful...

I sent the site to one of my closest friends - and she flipped.. ordered it right away!..

I just found this thread and hope to join in the future discussions..

One question - do the minors in this deck take after the Thoth? Would books on that deck help at all with this one?

Thanks. Jill

Majecot

Re: Better late than never

Moonbow* said:
Just found this thread, hope I'm not too late to join in. .............

I just cant stop looking at these cards.

Moonbow I have the same affliction :) I can't stop looking at them either. It seems like I find something new every time.

There is a study group on Court Cards if you are interested.

Moonbow

Thanks Majecot. I'm going there now.................

JosephMartin

Illustrated PIPS (?)

I rather consider the "PIPS" illustrated. Though I believe you mean "why not use people" in the PIP cards. It was just an artistic decision. I have liked decks with people on the PIPS and like decks without.

The PIPS in the Quest Tarot have meanings illustrated in the treatment of the designs of the cards and in that sense they are illustrated. For instance, in the "four of stones" (which means Power of the Earth) you see lava, heat, power, earth elements, stones, flames and the like. So you can see they are illustrated to a point.

Hope you enjoy the deck.

yours
Joseph