Animal Decks- Random thoughts

Mistteak

That's why I did a ferret deck, nobody else had done one.

If you can't draw, can you collage? You might try asking about a partner in an art project over on Craig's List under 'artists', or see if a friend can draw.

With publishers I believe any royalties to partners is divided evenly between them (at least for illustrated kids books that's how it works). This is after the agent gets their 15%, too. Or you can arrange a contract in advance saying what percentage you'd be getting and they'd be getting in any sales for self publication.

Thanks - That is a very good point. I will chat with my artist, if she decides that she will do this, then we will have a look at approaching big boys first, and then self publish. If she decides she would rather have a set fee for each card she produces and not continuing royalties (can't image she would - but never know) then again contract stating I own the images, she has 'sold them to me, she can not henceforth use them in any other publication blah blah

I will be interested to see how it works out. I am about 50% of my way thru MY meanings, and my 'vision' of the card. So work in progress ..

I saw a post from barbara Moore saying that llewellyn does not need you to have an agent, and have heard they will sometimes find an artist

So when I sort out this artist thing I may just send them a proposal, and see the response .. otherwise hunt a good artist who is keen 50/50 and self publish a few decks