An outstanding and mysterious TdM... and I miss it

Mim

I had never heard about the Feautrier (or had forgotten about it) but it feels alive, really vibrant and beautiful. So I do deeply understand and share your sadness on it. I wish you could find it as soon as possible.

Philippe

You are welcome Mim :) Much appreciated

eltarot78

Thank you very much Philippe, very friendly
I can see those little details in that I like

Besides being probably used other pigments , it is very likely that deck of 52 cards encounter greater use , having been used as a card game , I guess

Philippe

A dozen of cards allegedly from Feautrier are currently for sale on ebay.

I cannot see why the seller attributes these cards to him : la Maison (de) Dieu and l'étoile are completletely different from the cards of the deck I missed

12 cartes by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr

The ace of swords is identical to Burdel's.
I found the cardmaker : it's a Gassmann poorly coloured.

Philippe

I can't help thinking about this outstanding tarot I missed last summer, with its color pallet so reminiscent of the BnF Conver (Héron) & without doubt from the same period (1800-1820).

Unfortunately neither the Chariot nor the 2 of cups were visible in the pics. The BnF copy is quite incomplete and has only a 2 of cups with initials IF. Does anyone know which are the initials figuring on the Chariot ?

Maybe Pablo who seemed very interested in Feautrier ?

A great regret, all the more so as this one hadn't skyrocketed unlike the recent Cheminade

Philippe

A little incursion of the thread "identify this deck" (of which I am an active player) into the TdM's world.

It's not as evident as it seems and it contains an important piece of information regarding the history of the tarot + a remaining enigma to solve.

Fair's fair :D

Anges by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr