A couple of election predictions

RohanMenon

I've been collecting predictions made by various astrologers on the just concluded US Presidential elections over the last year or so, from all over the net, by astrologers famous and obscure.

The pattern I noticed most is that the beliefs of the astrologer, (mostly liberal) influenced his/her prediction, and these predictions often involved a lot of what I call 'reverse fitting'- first an event occurs and *then* there is a search for fitting astrological symbolism, which is *inevitably* found in some combination of planet/sign/house/direction/transit etc , no matter what the exact event is. In other words, once the event has occurred it is fairly easy to 'explain' using any school of astrology, any zodiac etc.

Among all these predictions, a couple stood out - one where the astrologer's political beliefs were *contrary* to his astrological prediction (worrying him a great deal) and another where the astrologer was trained in her day job to separate her own views from what the data/analysis were telling her, and this flowed into her astrology technique. In both cases, the astrologer was able to separate his/her biases from the application of technique.

For you reading pleasure I present

1. Kenneth Bowser's prediction in May of a Trump victory using Faganian Sidereal Astrology http://www.westernsiderealastrology.com/trump-news

2. User "Ellen" of the Skyscript forum fearlessly predicting a Trump victory in mid *January* this year http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9001

Deb Houlding said about this prediction yesterday

"What I like is that her views are free of political bias.

It is worth considering that most astrologers predicted a win for Clinton but I assume (based on Facebook posts) that all, or at least nearly all of those astrologers also wanted a win for Clinton.

There have also been some astrologers who predicted a win for Trump - some were very vocal (and insulting to other astrologers) and some laid out some impressive and persuasive astrological arguments which deserve congratulations, but it also seems clear from the Facebook comments I have seen that those astrologers who predicted a Trump win were also rooting for a Trump win.

So what I like is the clear -straightforward presentation of the reasoning, without any sense of shock or elation if what is seen in the chart actually comes to pass."

I particularly liked that these astrologers used different schools and techniques, but committed to a *concrete* prediction, vs the usual muddy wiffle-waffle ambiguous predictions by the psychobabblers which can be 'reverse fitted' and interpreted as 'correct', no matter what happens.

I also found their write ups very educational, and hope you will too,

Cheers,

PS: I am not a US citizen and have no stake in who won, this is just about astrological technique and *not* who should have won, who actually won etc., and even less about the rights and wrongs of specific political dogma, parties etc.