Hierophant + Emperor as someone's reaction?

lumos

I originally posted this in the wrong category, like a butt D; anyway, here it is, again!

For context, I've been having major issues with a particular friend of mine and have heavily leaned toward ending the friendship altogether. I asked about how he would feel if I unfriended him and pulled the hierophant, clarified by the emperor, and I'm trying to figure out how to interpret it.

Additional info: Part of the reason I'm so upset with him is the fact that he does not honor his commitments to others and puts no effort or time into his friendships (besides me as well. Other mutual friends have gotten annoyed with this behavior too). He either texts last-minute to cancel or shows up over an hour late. I've tried forgiving him without question, calling him out three times and speaking to him straightforwardly about it, and nothing. He always pulls the "it's a bad habit" excuse, but never actively works to fix it.

I've interpreted these two to mean one of these two things: 1) that he'll finally be fully understanding of the consequences his behavior have on his friendships and be more conscious toward his commitments in the future or 2) that he thinks I'm calling out his flaws and imposing my will on him? I'm not sure if I'm missing something else?

rwcarter

Hi lumos, were these the only two cards you pulled or were there others in the reading?

lumos

Hi lumos, were these the only two cards you pulled or were there others in the reading?

There were others, as pros and cons of staying friends vs walking away.

LeFou

Both Pope and Emperor are highest-ranking authority figures, and nobody second-guesses or criticizes them. So maybe he will react by being "indignant."

IndigoWaves

I'd agree with LeFou... I hear a booming, Wizard of Oz-like "You dare to unfriend MEEE?!?" from those cards. The guy may not publicly/visibly respond in such a way, though; he may choose to conceal his pride and/or find you too far "beneath" him to bother with. If he does acknowledge your action, it seems unlikely that any genuine remorse would be felt or lasting changes made (because his behaviour has actually been "right", somehow, all along -- to him).

PAMUYA

Hierophant and Emperor as how they will react. He will be socially polite, not make a big deal about it, he will go on his way in a mature manner, no emotions attached. He sees this logically knowing there is nothing to hold onto.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

lumos, please return to this thread and provide feedback to those who have generously taken time to try to help you understand those cards. And a general "Thanks" type post is not considered feedback.

Cocobird55

To me, it looks like a lot of your problems are control issues. Both of these are very strong cards. I would take it to mean maybe it's time to not choose controlling people for friends.

I know it's hard to end a friendship, but it's even harder to be continually disappointed or feel like you don't matter.