All about the Aces

ensozero

Hi ensozero, thanks for your help! You're right, it's up to us then to plant the seed and water it, it doesn't grow by itself :D so yes, there may be an opportunity or more, but then it's up to me to grab it/them.

You've got it. The system of correspondences I use (Tarot of the Holy Light) associates the Ace of Wands with the first decanate of Aries. The other Aces are associated with the other Cardinal signs of the respective elements, so you can imagine that these cards have the energy of the very beginning of that season. The Ace of Wands, because it's the first days of Spring, can serve as a kind of warning: don't get lost in Spring Fever, don't squander the energy of the first days of spring. These messages can be applied to the other Aces too: for the Ace of Capricorn, for example, what do you do at the beginning of Winter? You prepare for winter, materially. Don't squander this opportunity to take inventory, to take stock of your resources so that you know you're materially prepared for the next phase.

You don't necessarily have to follow this system, but for me, the Aces have a strong feel of the Cardinal mode of the zodiac and everything associated with it.

elena_jaymz

You've got it. The system of correspondences I use (Tarot of the Holy Light) associates the Ace of Wands with the first decanate of Aries. The other Aces are associated with the other Cardinal signs of the respective elements, so you can imagine that these cards have the energy of the very beginning of that season. The Ace of Wands, because it's the first days of Spring, can serve as a kind of warning: don't get lost in Spring Fever, don't squander the energy of the first days of spring. These messages can be applied to the other Aces too: for the Ace of Capricorn, for example, what do you do at the beginning of Winter? You prepare for winter, materially. Don't squander this opportunity to take inventory, to take stock of your resources so that you know you're materially prepared for the next phase.

You don't necessarily have to follow this system, but for me, the Aces have a strong feel of the Cardinal mode of the zodiac and everything associated with it.

That's interesting actually, it could be another way to look at the Aces meanings, thanks again!

Ruby Jewel

Hi everyone, I have some questions about the Aces in general. I'll share here my Aces experiences with you to try to understand them better.

I know that they point to new possibilities in sight, to a potential to start something new, so they generally refer to new beginnings, but then do these new opportunities really manifest?

I ask, because usually when I drew them for example in future positions then nothing really concrete happens. For November I draw the Ace of Wands as what to expect in my love life, but no new passion in sight, so I thought that maybe the Ace was just showing me I'd have noticed some cute guys during the month and actually it was so. Yesterday I draw for my January love life the Ace of Pentacles, so there will be the possibility/the potential for a new stable relationship? I don't know, to me it won't.

Once I was asking instead about my dissertation and I got the Ace of Swords. I interpreted it as me becoming a "winner", that is as me successfully graduating and starting a new life cycle and actually it was so, so the Ace was right, its message was clear that time. Anyway yesterday I draw the same Ace for what to expect for my January family life, but it's not clear in this context, I'll need to assert myself? Sometimes I argue with my parents indeed.

For what concerns the Ace of Cups I don't often draw it, so I don't have any significant experience to share about it.

And what about you? Am I misunderstanding the meaning of the Aces maybe?
Do you have other ideas or other experiences to share?
Thanks.

Because I see the cards as energy, I think of the aces as representing "power" in their suit. For instance, the AoS as "power of the focused mind." When I think of them as seeds of potential, I don't get any kind of a real message....sort of like you are describing here.

elena_jaymz

Because I see the cards as energy, I think of the aces as representing "power" in their suit. For instance, the AoS as "power of the focused mind." When I think of them as seeds of potential, I don't get any kind of a real message....sort of like you are describing here.
Hi Ruby Jewel, thanks! So you mean that if you drew an Ace, it means you have at your disposal the whole power of the suit or anyway that the energy of the suit is on your side?

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Ruby Jewel

Hi Ruby Jewel, thanks! So you mean that if you drew an Ace, it means you have at your disposal the whole power of the suit or anyway that the energy of the suit is on your side?

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

It means I think it is focused power, whether it is love, money, truth, or ambition. It is within your power to focus and your choice whether to use it or not.....just that it is available if you are brave enough.

elena_jaymz

It means I think it is focused power, whether it is love, money, truth, or ambition. It is within your power to focus and your choice whether to use it or not.....just that it is available if you are brave enough.

This makes more sense, I agree, thanks again!

Edward Tarot Hands

I think Aces can embody ll the characteristics of a particular suit in a pure unmanifested form. I also think they can signify an end of something, or a completion of all the events that led to them, if you place them after the king.
If you can see the minor cards as a circle with each ace coming after a king but also starting the next suit they could also be interpreted as a transition.
Just throwing around some ideas

Sigrdrifa

Recently I've received the ace of swords a LOT, and in each reading the context seems to point towards a meaning of cutting the rope, wield that swords and leave no strings attached.

elena_jaymz

I think Aces can embody ll the characteristics of a particular suit in a pure unmanifested form. I also think they can signify an end of something, or a completion of all the events that led to them, if you place them after the king.
If you can see the minor cards as a circle with each ace coming after a king but also starting the next suit they could also be interpreted as a transition.
Just throwing around some ideas

Hi Edward, thanks for your insights! I agree, they point to end leading to a new beginning, that's in your power to make it real.