Death clarified by Two of Cups

Grizabella

Another thought I had is that the 2 of Cups can indicate meeting someone new and really hitting it off with lots of things in common and sparks of sexual attraction can even be flying around. Maybe these two cards are saying, "This relationship is dead but you'll be meeting someone else really soon who will be wonderful."

Actually, that thought had crossed my mind as well! I guess ultimately, there was something about the two cards that seemed like a positive change, even if it meant leaving something behind (such as the relationship).

SunChariot

When I asked about the future outcome of a relationship, I received Death, clarified by Two of Cups. To me, Death is about transformation and a new beginning that involves leaving something behind. The Two of Cups seems like positive in terms of the relationship. Could this be about a possible marriage, or leaving something in the past behind but continuing with the relationship?

If I had seen the Three of Swords or Ten of Swords, for example, I would feel like Death meant the ending of the relationship.

Possibly the relationship may change forms. It could say that a romantic relationship will end because it is meant to for something better to take its place...but a true loving friendship will remain and develop.

Similar to the story line of Will and Grace, if you're old enough to remember the story line of the TV show. They were initially engaged, but ended that and remained super close and loving as friends. The 2 cards together might mean that.

Babs

Possibly the relationship may change forms. It could say that a romantic relationship will end because it is meant to for something better to take its place...but a true loving friendship will remain and develop.

Similar to the story line of Will and Grace, if you're old enough to remember the story line of the TV show. They were initially engaged, but ended that and remained super close and loving as friends. The 2 cards together might mean that.

Babs

Yes, I have heard before that Death can mean the relationship will change in some way, such as from romance to friendship. It can clear out the unnecessary to make way for what's best. Thank you, Babs.