21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

Ivy Rhiannon

21 Ways - Step Two

Druidcraft ~ The Moon
Pic: http://tarotstudies2.50webs.com/druid_craft/18.jpg

I crawl out of my watery bed and perch upon a cold grey slab of stone. Upon the beach I see two hungry dog beasts bellowing their song into the chill of the blue night air. I feel the lap and gentle pull of the tides, but I decide to stay only hidden from these predators that might find me a tasty midnight treat. Clicking my claws assertively I peer into the lightening sky and see mother moon parting the blanket clouds shining her one good eye upon our world. Up ahead I spot the ancient doorway in the green soft grass and wonder who would pass through, following his path away from the storm of restless water. I desire to leave my home and travel forward on my journey into the hills, but my fear stiffens my limbs and leaves me quiet in my protective shell.

I hope I did this without assumptions. I too do not have the book and trying these excersizes by assignment only (for now!).

Bernice

21 ways. Step two: 8 Swords

Bruegel:

I think I am the soldier... I don't know exactly what has caused this fight, but feel no surprise that it has happened. The women are so enraged and focussed on themselves that they appear unaware of the casualty - the injured man - who has either tried to intervene, or is perhaps the reason they are fighting. I am wearing a breast-plate and helmet, carrying my halbard at the ready, but making an authoritive approach.
Another man is speaking with possible eye-witnesses, I may talk to him after calming the situation and restoring some normalacy.

Oh dear - seems to be full of assumptions! But the people in this card have such graphic attitudes. Still waiting on the book.

Bee

Psiweapon

Ok, I'll do a somewhat unconventional step two, please bear with me. My deck isn't very good when it comes to simbology so I'll be describing *that* hermit for the purpose of following the exercise, and I'll describe the rider-waite hermit in order to exercise myself - my deck imagery is just too poor. But hey, on the other hand, I doubt anyone here has another deck like that!

Card: The Hermit
Deck: A freebie deck I got with a magazine.

I am a young man, but serenity fills me. My only companion is a dog. His blue eyes reflect more understanding than those of many humans.

Card: The Hermit
Deck: Rider-Waite or something like that, I have the pictures on my computer.

I'm an old man. My beard has grown white and long, and I need a cane to walk. I'm alone, snow covers everything. But my eyes are still keen, and I'm not going to stop my search now. Keep searching.

dadsnook2000

For Psiweapon

Don't worry about your deck. You'll learn much that transcends the deck and teaches you how to look at and use symbols, metaphors and people's lives in terms of the situations that concern them. Just the observation you made about the dog's eyes being so special indicates that you are ready for this journey of discovery. You'll also get to share with yet-to-be-seen-as-friends that you'll meet here. Welcome. Don't be afraid to ask questions or opinions. There are many who will watch and step forward to help if you need it. Dave

Prism

Tarot of Prague -- The Hermit

I am a man with gray hair and a gray beard and mustache. I'm wearing a purple robe that goes all the way to the ground and a hood of the same material that covers my head. The hood has a long, tapered end that hangs partway down my back. Hooked over my right thumb I'm carrying an hourglass shaped lantern that glows brightly from the top part of the glass. There is a smaller glow at the top of the bottom part of the glass, and it looks as though the light is flowing into the bottom. In my left hand I carry a walking stick. I'm standing in a cobble stone street of brightly colored one- and two-story houses. There's a blue one, a red one, a green one, a yellow one. Above me in the sky is an image contained in a pink and gold border. It contains a scale among leaves and something else that I can't distinguish, and I've run out of time!

easternsunrise

STEP 2-Mythic Tarot- Five of Cups

I am a fair skinned lady with long wavy black hair. I wear a long white sleeveless gown and hold a lit lamp in my left hand. I reach out with my right arm towards a gold colored person with wings who is running away from me. We are inside a grey building made of six decorative pillars similar to the Parthenon. There is a scene with people in it etched into the roof of the building. The white sheets on our blue colored couch are a mess and five cups lie next to the couch-four have spilled their contents and one remains full. It is night-time and the cresent moon has a white orb-like glow to it against the dark indigo colored sky.

Attachments

• 21 ways.jpg
    21 ways.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 115

Mojo Twin 2

Radiant Rider-Waite - The Lovers

Description - Radiant Rider Waite - VI The Lovers

Part 1

A naked man and woman stand on a field of green grass that stretches into the distance. Their arms are open. The man looks at the woman and the woman looks at an angel. The angel is above them on a cloud. The angel’s lower body is hidden in the cloud (how do you know that?). The angel has a purple robe on and has purple wings that are large and extend out from his body (how do you know the angel is male?) The angel’s eyes are closed and his arms are spread open. The angel’s hair looks like it could be leaves or flames, the hair is mostly auburn, browns with orange tints. There is a radiant golden sun at the top that shines down on the scene. The sun entirely occupies the space above the angel. The sun has a round center and rays that extend to the edges of the card. Behind the woman is a tree that has red fruit in its green, bushy leaves. Wrapped around the trunk of the tree is a green serpent. The serpent’s head is at the level of the fruit and it looks at the woman (how do you know that?). Behind the man is what looks like a tree except the bark is black and the leaves are flames. In the distance is a mountain that is brown.

Part 2

I stand naked, next to a woman who is also naked. My arms are extended open as are hers. I am looking at her and she is looking up at an angel that is above us. The angel is in a cloud and I can’t see it’s lower body. It has a calm look on its face and its eyes are closed. The angel has a purple robe on and great wings that spread out. The angels hair looks to me like it is made of leaves, or flames, it’s hard to tell. Behind the woman is a tree, a fruit tree with red fruit. There is a large, green serpent wrapped around the trunk of the tree, it’s head is near the top of the tree and it appears to be looking at the woman. Behind me is a tree, I think it’s a tree, its bark is black and its leaves are flames. Off in the distance, behind us, is a large mountain that is brown. We are standing on a field of grass. Above the angel is a bright, golden sun that extends its rays onto the angel.

alec...

Mojo Twin 2

21 Ways - World Spirit Tarot - Strength

I've started the process again with my new deck!

2.1 - Description

A dark-skinned woman with long, straight hair rests in the arms of a male lion. She is naked except for an Egyptian necklace. She has the astrological symbol for Leo tattooed on her arm. In her right hand she holds a mouse. The mouse is surrounded by an aura of orange and yellow light. The lion is looking at the mouse and the mouse is looking at the lion. The woman’s left hand cradles the jaw of the lion, who rests his head in her hand. The lion is lying down with his tail wrapped around his lower leg and her leg as well. The woman has her legs bent in the form of an inverted V. Both the woman and the lion have placid expressions on their faces. They lie in a green field adorned with flowers. Behind the lion is a tree; a tree with dark bark and flames for leaves. There is a serpent wrapped around the tree, looping its way through some of the upper branches. The field that the scene happens in is hilly – small rises and falls. In the distance there is a lake or a river – a small body of water; the water is in the shape of an infinity symbol (∞). Behind the lake is a dense forest of dark, green trees. The sky is purple and the sun has a large black circle in the center.

2.2 - Description in the first person

I am resting in the arms of a lion. My body is supported by his. I am wearing a heavy necklace that is reminiscent of Egyptian style. There is the sign of Leo tattooed on my right arm. I am holding a mouse in my right hand. The mouse is glowing, orange and yellow. The lion’s massive head is tilted toward the mouse; he is looking at the tiny creature. I am cradling the lion’s jaw with my left hand. He is calm. We are resting in a vast, green field that is dotted with flowers. Behind me is a strange looking tree with darkened bark and flames for leaves. There’s a large serpent wrapped around the tree. The field extends over hills to a lake in the distance behind us. The lake is shaped like a figure eight on its side. Behind the lake is a vast forest of thick trees. The sky is a pale shade of purple and the sun is dark orange, with a black circle in its center.

alec...

Alyiosa

The Pictorial Key Tarot (Lo Scarabeo)

The Queen of Swords

This regal beauty is outdoors sitting upon a gold throne holding a gold sword. The sky is blue with scattered clouds (not storm clouds) She is wearing a luxurious silver (what appears to be) velvet gown trimmed in fur. There are three butterflies flying around her: one orange (strength, ambition), one yellow (intuition), and one predominantly black (mysterious or quite possibly strength) with one yellow and one orange stripe. She is not looking directly at you but straight ahead, head held high, no expression on her face.

Alyiosa

21 ways to read a tarot card-step 2 part 2

The Pictorial Key Tarot (Lo Scarabeo)

The Queen of Swords

I am a regal beauty outdoors sitting upon a gold throne holding a gold sword. The sky is blue with scattered clouds (not storm clouds) I am wearing a luxurious silver (what appears to be) velvet gown trimmed in fur. There are three butterflies flying around me: one orange (strength, ambition), one yellow (intuition), and one predominantly black (mysterious or quite possibly strength) with one yellow and one orange stripe. I am not looking directly at you but straight ahead, head held high, no expression on my face.