Trimmed Celtic Messages (in a tin!)

missy

pippi said:
Here's a photo. The combination of having them trimmed and in a tin just has me giddy! :D
Hi, pippi, I just wanted to say they look lovely! :D And the tin really does look like it was made for the deck! Fantastic! :thumbsup:

BodhiSeed

pippi said:
bodhran, yours look great! I did your Mother's Day spread today using this deck...
Here's a photo of my reading, for an example of the trimmed cards with the inner borders.
Don't you just find yourself wanting to use these more without the borders?
So lovely...

pippi

bodhran said:
Don't you just find yourself wanting to use these more without the borders?

Yep! And I'm running out of material for readings! :laugh: The other night I laid out the entire deck and read it like you would a Lenormand. It worked really well!

pippi

missy_ said:
Hi, pippi, I just wanted to say they look lovely! :D And the tin really does look like it was made for the deck! Fantastic! :thumbsup:
Thanks Missy! :)

Lewen said:
Wow, it looks totally different. Thanks for posting a picture. Now I'm eyeing my deck and wondering if I'm up to the challenge! Very lovely and the tin is just perfect!
My pleasure! Let us know if you get out the scissors! ;)

MysticalMoose said:
Ohhhhhhh! I DO like how they look, these are much lovelier without those distracting borders... you have done wonderful job you brave person! I would love to trim several decks of mine but havent quite summoned up the courage yet!!! They look good in that tin dont they!!!
Now that you've made the leap into cutting off your DruidCraft borders, you'll probably be noticing more decks in your stash that suddenly "need" trimming! :)

MysticalMoose

lol! :D Yes I have already started! I trimmed my Druid Animal Oracle as well late last nite & am just looking at bookcase, scissors in hand going....."Hmmmmmm"

Attachments

• trimmed DruidAnimalOracle.jpg
    trimmed DruidAnimalOracle.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 83

oak_woman

Well, I wasn't all that attracted to Celtic Messages before I saw this thread, but now I've just HAD to buy this deck in order to trim it! And I'm just loving it now! It's so exciting seeing each of the cards released from its clunky border. I'm up to card 22 now but I'm enjoying it so much that it's tempting to buy another deck just to start the process all over again (only joking!).

And what a fantastic idea to make mini-oracles from the border designs. I'm planning to incorporate the little squares into an oracle I'm making for my partner in the creative exchange 'Junk in your Trunk' so I'm very grateful for the inspiration, Pippi!

oak_woman

Finished!

I took my time as I was enjoying the task so much, and I'm so so pleased with the result. I just love these cards now, and can imagine using them lots.

I followed Bodhran's example and used the yellow circle on the back of each card as my cutting line. I don't think they are perfectly round but the slight unevenness doesn't seem to matter when you get the whole deck in your hands. I just used a sharp pair of nail scissors and focussed hard.

The result is that my cards are completely borderless, and although I like Pippi's deck with its thin borders I must admit I like them better the way I have them. The images flow off the edges of the circle and don't have that arbitrary colour around the edge (although I know it helps you to see quickly which suit you're working with).

I just started flipping through the cards as I was going to list the ones that look especially wonderful now that they've been liberated. But really they all look gorgeous.

pippi

Yay!! Congrats on liberating your deck! :D Glad you could use the mini-oracle idea as well! :)

BodhiSeed

I stand clapping with Pippi, and congratulate you on trimming your Celtic Messages! Trimming a circular deck is much harder than a regular one. So glad you like its new look Oak_woman!