Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Why so many Tarot readers or psychics are wrong?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
Radical thought.

Maybe they AREN'T wrong. Maybe we just aren't hearing them right.
Yes, "selective hearing," both the bane and boon of married life! In this case, though, it's more about hearing only what fits into our preconceptions about the situation (wait . . . is that so different?) Humans seem to have a "gated awareness" that screens out or neutralizes inconvenient truths.
Top   #71
Citizen

tarot_quest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling View Post
A lot of what's been said here has resonated for me, too, and enjoyed reading the article that you posted - thanks!
I am truly happy that some ATers read the article! It really changed something for me when I read it, couple of months ago.

I wanted to know if other people were sharing this experience with me (having innacurate reading...as well as why)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling View Post
From the readings I've received from psychics and tarot readers over the years, I've learned (sometimes the hard way! ) how important it is to slow it down and reflect on any advice as well as predictions offered in readings, to be sure to give priority to my inner voice, and what it's telling me. And ask, what parts are resonating for me, and how can I best apply the advice or predictive insight? And then, like Olson says, put it in the back of my mind and see what other patterns may emerge around it to support it...
hey! Same for me... I learn it the hard way too. Yes, our inner voice knows so much more than we think, but it is comforting/exciting/fun to get readings for important life questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
Radical thought.

Maybe they AREN'T wrong. Maybe we just aren't hearing them right.
Yes... it could be. Again (as I wrote in this post), I feel that sometimes a reader/psychic will change the ''original'' message and this distortion will bring a misunderstanding, sometimes leading to a ''false'' prediction.
Top   #72
Time Traveller

DownUnderNZer 

Could be "Unintentional Blindness" as well which comes under the area of Psychology.

Where you are so focused on one thing that you do not see other possibilities or going ons around you.

Ironically, we all are prone to it because we are all wired that way.

DND

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarot_quest View Post
I am truly happy that some ATers read the article! It really changed something for me when I read it, couple of months ago.

I wanted to know if other people were sharing this experience with me (having innacurate reading...as well as why)

hey! Same for me... I learn it the hard way too. Yes, our inner voice knows so much more than we think, but it is comforting/exciting/fun to get readings for important life questions.

Yes... it could be. Again (as I wrote in this post), I feel that sometimes a reader/psychic will change the ''original'' message and this distortion will bring a misunderstanding, sometimes leading to a ''false'' prediction.
Top   #73
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
Yes, "selective hearing," both the bane and boon of married life! In this case, though, it's more about hearing only what fits into our preconceptions about the situation (wait . . . is that so different?) Humans seem to have a "gated awareness" that screens out or neutralizes inconvenient truths.
Wise advice from a counsellor I was once working with:

"Listen to what is being said, not to what you expect to be said".

It goes well with that well-worn argument phrase "but you always" - when actually the other person had taken that on board, and had said/done the exact opposite....
Top   #74
Citizen

olivia1 
Why so many Tarot readers or psychics are wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarot_quest View Post
Hi ATers!

I did not see tons of tarot readers or psychic in my life (about 6?), and all of them were quite wrong in their predictions....Even if I love Tarot, I am starting to think that I should not see professional tarot readers again. They also made a lot of other inaccurate predictions and wrong assumptions about my present life and other wrong predictions.

?

We're they 100% wrong ( each one of them) in everything they predicted? I ask because for romantic questions and short term predictions (short term as in what will happen regarding a love interest/ situation within next few days), I noticed the tarot has been accurate. It's just really awful at predicting things like career, finances, long term predictions (things I care about most). I find it interesting because I place very little importance on romantic relationships but it's the only topic tarot *usually * gets right for me. I'm not sure if tarot is simply better at predicting romantic relationships or is it the fact that I don't really care about romance is the reason tarot works well for me in that regard.

Edited: I wanted to add that the readers I go to range from beginners to those that have been reading for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Top   #75
Resident

mabcosmic 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia1 View Post
We're they 100% wrong ( each one of them) in everything they predicted? I ask because for romantic questions and short term predictions (short term as in what will happen regarding a love interest/ situation within next few days), I noticed the tarot has been accurate. It's just really awful at predicting things like career, finances, long term predictions (things I care about most). I find it interesting because I place very little importance on romantic relationships but it's the only topic tarot *usually * gets right for me. I'm not sure if tarot is simply better at predicting romantic relationships or is it the fact that I don't really care about romance is the reason tarot works well for me in that regard.

Edited: I wanted to add that the readers I go to range from beginners to those that have been reading for years

I have had this experience as well. My best readings tend to be about love and relationships, and after that reading for spirits is my other strong suit.

Readings about health, career, travel, or finances tend to be harder. I've always wondered why this is.
Top   #76
Citizen

olivia1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabcosmic View Post
I have had this experience as well. My best readings tend to be about love and relationships, and after that reading for spirits is my other strong suit.

Readings about health, career, travel, or finances tend to be harder. I've always wondered why this is.

Interesting. Would you say that romantic issues are at the top of your list? For me it's near the bottom so I wonder if it's easier to read because I'm not very invested in it?

Top   #77
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 

I don't handle relationship questions because they often involve trying to pin down a third party's feelings, which is too close to "mind-reading" for me. But tarot is a highly emotive and expressive medium that often communicates in imaginitive metaphors, making it perfect for emotional questions. It tends to be less lyrical for more mundane inquires; it can be harder to make it flow as convincingly. It's certainly no less effective, though.
Top   #78
Citizen

olivia1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
tarot is a highly emotive and expressive medium that often communicates in imaginitive metaphors, making it perfect for emotional questions. It tends to be less lyrical for more mundane inquires; it can be harder to make it flow as convincingly. It's certainly no less effective, though.

What does that mean?

Top   #79
Resident

mabcosmic 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia1 View Post
Interesting. Would you say that romantic issues are at the top of your list? For me it's near the bottom so I wonder if it's easier to read because I'm not very invested in it?

No, romance is not an issue for me so you are probably onto something here.
Top   #80

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.