Egyptian Gods and Goddesses Info Cards

Glass Owl

I bought the book Action Files: Egypt by Rupert Matthews for my daughter

http://www.amazon.com/Action-Files-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240674846&sr=1-1

and it has some really cool things in it including a lot of text and illustrations, a poster, a separate mini book, and some cards that you have to punch out. There are 18 cards and also a box (that you have fold and glue.)

I'm trying to figure out how I might be able to use the cards as an oracle. On the front of each card is a picture of a God/Goddess and then on the back is some information about the deity. There is also some sort of numbering system on each card and each deity is assigned a number for powers, wisdom, strength, popularity, and rank.

Does anyone else have these?

jrr01

They sound neat. Do you have any scans of the cards you can post?

cardlady22

Yes, can you snap a couple of pics to show? Or list the names of the 18 gods/goddesses. Are they equally distributed by gender? 9 male/9 female

Glass Owl

Here is the list: Nut, Bes, Mut, Khepri, Amun, Ra, Horus, Thoth, Isis, Sobek, Anubis, Maat, Bastest, Osiris, Ptah, Tawaret, Set, and Hathor.

Attachments

• 100_1386.jpg
    100_1386.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 660
  • 3cards.jpg
    3cards.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 757

cardlady22

Thank you for the pics! The colors are vivid/fabulous! Is the info on the back for some sort of game?

I'm not familiar enough with the Egyptian pantheon to be sure of all those. Plus there are spelling variations. But, they should work as an oracle. I've seen other divination sets that use only 8-13 symbols on stones. (I believe I would laminate them though.)

Does anyone know if there are any Egyptian-themed spreads with less than 5-6 positions?

Glass Owl

The back of the box says that the cards can be used to "play a game of comparisons with your friends by dealing out the cards and comparing the number ratings to discover who has the wisest and most powerful group of gods!"

The thing is, there are no other instructions beyond that, unless they are hidden somewhere in the book.

Too bad that my daughter ripped out the cards before I could get to them since she damaged a few of the backs.

jrr01

Wow they look nice, They would make a nice Do-It-Yourself-Oracle-Deck. You can invent your own meanings on the cards.