Faeries Oracle (Froud) - Universal Card

wavebreaker

My universal card is Indi (63).
  1. Emotional atmosphere: he is sad an lonely and he is trying to decide between the two crystal balls in his hands
  2. Physical manifestation: loneliness, trying to make a decision but not knowing how to without help
  3. Symbols: the big sad eyes really stood out for me, and the dark background, as if there is nothing, no-one around him
  4. Spiritual characteristics: becoming active, taking a decision, getting out of a passive situation
  5. Most appealing: he is really cute and looks really vulnerable, makes me want to hug him ;)
  6. Anything unappealing: the darkness surrounding him
  7. Other ideas: I don't know what to think of the creature he is standing on...

Jewel

Hi Tarotlady ... glad to see you finally have had time to play with your faeries ~giggles~ ... that is pretty funny how they messed with you all day when you got them *LOL*

Check out my post on "Favorite Card" ... it was Indi :) ... I saw much of the same you did. He is so sweet ... he even sent Faunabay a present!

wavebreaker

Jewel, I love your take on Indi, on why he is standing on the other faery and what the sphere and the ball stand for! :)

And I too think that there's more of a sphere to me than the little ball that others see, or want to see... ;) What a great Universe card! :)

Amber Moler

duh!!!!!

What is the universal card? Is it the one most often to appear in a reading. Cause I'm unclear what it stands for. Please help me.

Rhiannon

Welcome, Amber Moler!

The Universal Card is talked about in the front of the book, this is the card that you choose face down (as opposed to picking your favorite and leat favorite by looking at them). It might show itself by being warm under your hand... or any other way of making itself known to you.

R :)

Amber Moler

Thanks

I have not looked at the book a whole lot in deepth. I just got this deck. I do like the faeries though.

rostie

the website of brian froud has also an online reading...1 card reading or a 3 card reading...if you want to see a lot of the cards -to choose wich one you like the best (faerie or fairy ring)- maybe try several readings maybe then you get them all to see ;) and the choise is more clear to make...

here the oracle:
http://www.worldoffroud.com/www/online/oracle/index.cfm

Silverlotus

I had a strange time picking my universal card. The first time I picked Ffaff the Ffooter, but he said he wasn't the right card. He told me to put him back and try again. *shrug* Who am I to argue. I'm very curious as to what his meaning is now, but I haven't looked it up or done the questions for him yet. Anyway, on my second try I narrowed it down to three cards, and then to one. The card I chose was The Singer of Transfiguration.

1) The emotional atmosphere of this card seems to be some sort of directed movement.

2) The physical manifestation of this card would be activity directed towards change.

3) I think the mental characteristics of this card are complex. I see the white lights/spheres as representing the levels of the mind to move through.

4) I'm unsure of the spiritual aspects of this card. It feels like it is god energy.

5) I find the blue shades in this card very appealing, and the small area that looks like a face above the white spheres.

6) I am uncomfortable with the red and orange in this card.

7) Overall, I'm a bit unsure about this card. I find the Singers a bit to abstract. But I see energy and movement in this card. And although I feel it is mostly god energy, I so see some aspects of goddess energy in this card (the faint horns near the face).

Genna

Mikle à Mukle
1;The card´s atmosphere emotionally;Giggling,laughter.Carefreeness.
2;The card´s physical manifestation in someone´s life;A joke.
3;Symbols in the card that shows the card´s mental characteristica;simplicity,multidimentionallity,clarity.
4;The card´s spiritual characteristica;carefree enjoyment of the small things in life.
5;What I like most in the card;The hat made by a hazelnut,that the laughter isn´t spiteful,the elf´s(grig´s) ears that are pointy the way elven ears are supposed to be,the greenery in the background,that shows how small the grig is.
6;What I didn´t like about the card;At first I didn´t find any meaning in a giggle,and the card reminded me of someone,who first had laughed at me in spite,and made fun of me(whom I later become friends with).
7;The grig´s name is Mikle.Mikle reminds me of the name "Mickel" in Swedish;our secret name we use for the fox(so he doesn´t know he is talked about,and comes and steals the chickens).The word fox has a special meaning to me.Mikle also reminds me of Michael,and the archangel Michael also has a special meaning to me.