Way of the Horse

fina

only neigh-sayer?

Not to be difficult, but i don't really care for the pictures of the horses. I grew up with horses on a farm, so maybe it's just that they don't look like MY horses. I don't really get a good real horse vibe from them. They seem more greeting card horses. And although I love horses (I miss the horses I left behind in Canada), I don't know how well a horse Oracle deck would work for me. Working with them, breaking them, being broken by them (my arm in a fall), and shoveling their droppings kind of takes the romance out of them! :) But I'm glad they are so helpful for some people. If we were all the same, life would be pretty boring.

MysticalMoose

aarrgghh! I got home from work tonight to find Mr Postman had left me a card to say I have a parcel that was too large for my letterbox! I have to collect it from the local delivery office in the morning! ITS MY HORSES! I cant wait! :D ........

:love: MM

6 Haunted Days

Aerin said:
Arrived this morning.

As someone else said I think the book is a hefty hardback and quite hard to extract from the kit :). Also, if anyone is a bit challenged like me then the part of the slipcover that holds the cards and the part that holds the book are hinged so that's how you get the cards out :D

Aerin

My set at least has a ribbon both in the book well and the cards well to easily pull them out....I got them out no problem!

Certainly son't dismiss the book, it's unbelievable! Much wisdom, insight and amazing connections. You'll get so much more from the images if you read the book then just looking at the images.

fina said:
Not to be difficult, but i don't really care for the pictures of the horses. I grew up with horses on a farm, so maybe it's just that they don't look like MY horses. I don't really get a good real horse vibe from them. They seem more greeting card horses. And although I love horses (I miss the horses I left behind in Canada), I don't know how well a horse Oracle deck would work for me. Working with them, breaking them, being broken by them (my arm in a fall), and shoveling their droppings kind of takes the romance out of them! :) But I'm glad they are so helpful for some people. If we were all the same, life would be pretty boring.

Well the artist and author pf this set work with horses everyday, so they are certainly immersed in the horse world, but they're experiencing them in a very deep spiritual/emotional way....not just in a mundane sense.

They aren't just people who think horses were pretty and decided to make an oracle, their whole life is working with them and with others and horses!

I personally think the artist is amazingly talented, I can see and sense the horses soul, essence and emotion. Some of the most beautiful images ever in an oracle.

fina

6 Haunted Days said:
Well the artist and author pf this set work with horses everyday, so they are certainly immersed in the horse world, but they're experiencing them in a very deep spiritual/emotional way....not just in a mundane sense.

They aren't just people who think horses were pretty and decided to make an oracle, their whole life is working with them and with others and horses!

I personally think the artist is amazingly talented, I can see and sense the horses soul, essence and emotion. Some of the most beautiful images ever in an oracle.

I guess I've never tried working with my own horses spiritually. I definitely have experienced horse personalities (from stubborn to clever to gentle) but I have never experienced emotions from them. *edited to add: but I have experienced horses evoking many emotions in people* But that is working with them in a mundane way. Maybe I'll have to pay more attention to them spiritually.

And I don't disagree with the artist being talented. I didn't mean greeting card in a derogatory way, just nothing that screams "Oracle" to me. But as I said, its a personal preference. You can appreciate art of many different levels.

firefrost

I got my ebay item so This deck's going on the back burner until all you lovely people give more views about it.

I do love the images and sound of it all but I've got a lot of stuff going on just now.

I'll keep watching, you never know, one of you may trigger a 'now I must have it' in me!

Aerin

6 Haunted Days said:
My set at least has a ribbon both in the book well and the cards well to easily pull them out....I got them out no problem!

My book ribbon broke :( so take care. I have now wrapped round the book so I can get it out. The cards come out fine.

Certainly don't dismiss the book, it's unbelievable! Much wisdom, insight and amazing connections. You'll get so much more from the images if you read the book then just looking at the images.

I am a book person really, I think I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. So instead of reading the book all the way through before I start with the cards, I'm going to read it as and when I look at an image.

Aerin :)

MysticalMoose

Something took my breath away today...I have not been online much the last few days..One of the older horses, Azarel ~ a beautiful stallion has been very ill..& in the early hours of this morning he passed away peacefully in his stable with all of us there stroking his head. Many tears were shed... This afternoon I went to the post office to collect my missed parcel from yesterday, it was my Way Of The Horse deck. I sat tonight with a glass of wine to look thru the deck. Each card is beautiful, stunning in fact & felt very special & personal in light of the days events....I got to card 31 & simply couldnt catch my breath... If you have this deck please look at card 31...I will try to work out how to upload a pic here for those of you who dont... but this card shows a horse just like Azarel, black vibrant & beautiful like he used to be in his youth, he is shown in moonlight looking towards us, behind him a spirit horse is shown by the moon with his breath as a stairway from the earth upto him in Spirit & several horses are ascending the stairway. Azarel is about to make his way up but taking a final look ....it is so beautiful. I feel so calm tonight & happy that he is at peace now. This is one of the most special messages I have ever received. I just wanted to share it :)

:love: MM

Sidhe-Ra

What a comfort to you in your loss, and a wonderful spiritual confirmation for you....(((((((((((Mystical Moose))))))))))))

I am starting to be seriously tempted by this deck, even though I really feel I have too many decks now. I would say there is something VERY special about this one.

Perhaps it is because I have a unicorn power animal!

Blessings,

Em xx

6 Haunted Days

My deepest sympathies MM, what a loss. But your story of coming across that card....(and I knew exactly which one it was, I was taken aback with it's beauty and power 1st time I looked through the cards) and at that exact time is a very gentle and loving message from him.....what a beautiful gift of comfort!

Your story is very touching and builds my faith in the Universe and the Divine, thank you for sharing :)

{{{MM}}}

As others have said this oracle is really special and unique, in it's depth and love. I'll share my story about it later, it's very personal. :)