The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

inanna_tarot

silverwings94 said:
Hello Everyone,
Due to things here in life that I have no control over I am going to have to step out of the PRD.There are personal and physical reasons whay I cannot not continue in this study. I really wanted to continue but as I see it life just will not let me.
Thank you scribbler for taking all that time for setting up the website, maybe if I can I can go and post readings if I am able to do it.
Blessings,
Kat

awww Kat,, I hope things improve for you soon :D

CathS

I hope posting on the blog daily isn't a requirement! I'm aiming for once or twice a week - although I'm working with the cards much more than that.

BelovedK

I hope not, I am shooting for once a week. I work with the cards more often also though. I have yet to blog this week.

elysgrl

Yeah, that's my plan, too. I'm doing a daily draw and journaling in my notebook every day, but there's no way I'm going to have time to update the blog every day. The plan is to do a bigger spread once a week, and hopefully post on that, but not do a card-by-card analysis. That kind of thing will be for my personal journal and my own edification.

I'll probably post midweek if I have any particularly synchronous daily draws, or other interesting Tarot-related epiphanies, but I'm shooting for a minimum of once a week, and if that's all I can manage I'll be perfectly okay with that.

I'm headed over to the blog now, though, because yesterday's card was pretty cool...

DancingGemini

Yeah, I'm the one updating my blog everyday. Mostly the Mind, Body, Spirit spread. It's mostly because I have a lot of free time to do so. I'm still feeling my way around my blog and my own tarot studies. I have a journal I use for the morning, and I think I'd use the blog to see if my interpretation lived up to the goings on in the day.

I also plan on using spreads that other readers are using as well.

iceclone

I will post about my PDR at least once a week. Saturday or Sunday. =D I miss my Deviant Moon.

strings of life

BelovedK said:
I am too searchable, if I had a more super secret username maybe I would ;)
Ha! Likewise here, but I knew all of that going in and did so in purpose. aurarcana is my Tarot identity online, and I am aware about how content is indexed by search engines. The blog is a public journal, a log of experiences to share with others.

Twoflower, that's wise advice to others who are concerned with posting content under a name that is connected to other online personas, or a real name; just set up another blog.

Some of us have more time than others, and my plan is to post about the PDR 2 tines a week. Ironically, I've sort of alienated my other decks this week, even my trusty Morgan-Greer. But, the flip side is that I also decided that I'll be journaling about it less; it's my reading deck and I don't need to write about it so much :heart:.

The VR and BG have enraptured me--the BG even more than I imagined. What an honest and mysterious deck. I find myself being moved by the readings I get. For journaling purposes, I'm sticking to 3 card spreads (past-present-future; mind-body-soul) and single card reflections. I stated that earlier in the thread...

And, last night, after doing a reading inquiring about my 2010 forecast (past-present-future), I realized that I didn't want to or need to use reversals per say anymore. By using these two decks together, I'm starting to see more angles in the cards, even more now so that the intended reversed meanings can become part of the reading based on the question, the other cards it's flanked by and even elemental dignities. It's a discovery that I'll take with me when reading other decks. A Tarot "aha" experience, if you will. I'm going to post an entry about it today, along with a poll on reversals :).

I also found my shuffling method! It was the same kind of experience--when you just know. I have been playing around with many styles: rifflng, fanning, etc. But, last night, I decided to split the deck in half, and riffle it vertically. It seemed like it would work in theory and be a bit more gentle on the cards. And, it worked like a dream. Perfect. Plus, the concept works great to minimize reversals. As long as my cards are face up, this shuffling method will keep the cards this way.

But, if a card does come up reversed somehow, I'll take it into account and remember that the card's meaning should be emphasized. Then, I'll flip it right side up. I've opted to mark reversed positions in a spread by placing a quartz stone underneath the card. Another revelation last night.

iceclone, looking forward to your posts.

(Note to self: extended iPhone postings are not recommended. I just had to edit a slew of spelling errors ;).

souljourney

Aurarcana...

Problems going to your blog. I get the first page with the PDR rules, and where it says click HERE to read all posts in your blog.
So I click.. I get the 404 Page not found error...

I'm looking forward to seeing how you use the 2 decks together... cool plan!

strings of life

^ Thanks for letting me know.

* Fixed *

I changed the category name yesterday; I was accidentally referring to the study as "Personal Deck Reflection" - oops!

There are only 2 posts so far ;) (including the teaser post).

LucyInTheSky

for clarification...

is it primary or personal deck reflection? i've seen it both ways on people's blogs!