The Journeyman

Chronata

Ever get the feeling like the Faeries are yelling at you? :D

I have been desperately trying to accomplish something...writing a script for a murder mystery dinner, and I have had an unbelievable amount of blocks that I am trying to move through to get this done...(well, actually just to get this started!)

Just understanding where the blocks come from, was my first step...and I have that knowledge thanks to other oracles.

So I pulled a card from the FO...and treated it as I would any other oracle...which is very significant because sometimes I forget that I CAN do this!
Just pick a card...look up the words in the book...concentrate on what message it gives.

Bibliomancy...another term for it.

Just going by the words...no need to discuss with the particular fae, or engage in a meditation, or a conversation.

And I get the Journeyman...on his head.

Not a fae I am aquainted with very well...so I read the words in the book for this card reversed.

And I feel so admonished!
Boy...do the faeries really know what I need to hear, or what?
I feel like I just got a kick in the rear end...and now I WANT to ask more questions...seek out the Journeyman more...but he just flitted off...I am tempted to draw another card...but...

So...I am interested in hearing about other's experiences with the journeyman...(who apparently was in a hurry just now...and put up the back in 10 hours sign!)

13thFaeChylde

I was visited by the Journeyman regularly last year while I was planning a big trip to Crete....which turned into Thailand.

Had the best time ever, but never ran into him anymore....

...till two days ago. These days I'm planning a trip to Bali, so I took his appearance as a much-welcomed sign that things will work out.

sagitarian

I often associate the Journeyman and the Fool in tarot to be very similar. I find the journeyman to be more subtle though, gentler. I often have seen him come up to represent an internal journey as well (much like the Hermit). Regardless though, the message is (usually) the same, time to take that blind leap of faith and just "do it", don't think, don't ponder, don't hesitate, just do.

poivre

When I draw this card I feel it is a peaceful transition from one place to the next. Also I associate it to the Fool in Tarot but I feel the difference is a more trusting move within oneself, as if you know your moving into a better position so attitude will be more confident.
Does this make sense?

I just started to work with these and also I'm not going to use reversals at this time.

Jewel

I have recently had a great deal of experience with the Journeyman, and he meant that is was time for me to take a journey from what I was doing and move on to something else. I am currently looking for that something else, but he reflected my inner need for change, and signaled to me that if I did not do it myself it would happen anyway. I am happier now than I had been in months. He is a great card, and his message is strong. A journey can take many forms, and in my case it is one that will hopefully lead me to finding a fullfilling new job.

faunabay

A couple of years ago while I was contemplating a move from the midwest to the east coast I kept drawing the Journeyman.
I did end up moving and kept getting him all through the move. Both of the fae on the Journeyman card helped me throughout the process. It was wonderful. :)

Kahlie

Nice Nice

I am busy with moving plans too, and the Journeyman just came to visit me =)

Ah, less worrying for me, and more doing =)

Jewel

Kahlie, good luck on your move, and may the Journeyman keep you company during the transition.

Kahlie

Thanks

Thank you Jewel.

I will be staying in a strange country for a year so naturally I am a bit anxious.

TemperanceAngel

ros said:
When I draw this card I feel it is a peaceful transition from one place to the next. Also I associate it to the Fool in Tarot but I feel the difference is a more trusting move within oneself, as if you know your moving into a better position so attitude will be more confident.
I like what you say here ros, it makes sense. He looks so happy with his crystal ball balanced happily on his stick.
Do you think that because he is naked, that it represents freedom?

CONFIDENCE Great key word!