The psychic tarot

Angelove

Finally back at our vacation home and I pulled out my Psychic Tarot Oracle Deck to play with. I was doing a reading for a family member of mine and pulled out two cards for their particular issue at hand. I cannot share their question nor the two cards that I pulled, but it answered their issue quite well. We were both very pleased with what the cards had to say. It wasn't exactly the one answer the family member really WANTED to hear, :laugh: but the message was right on and understandable and so the fm is okay with that.

The pros and cons that I have with this deck--which is just from my point of view are that overall, I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE this deck! It is always answering the questions put forth clearly and is amazingly accurate. I do not use this as a reading deck for all my customers, though, as I don't really see it as that kind of a reading deck. However, when you really need some guidance and insight into a particular issue, it is wonderful to bring out and use.

Each card is well done. The colors used are not too bold, but give off a soft feeling to them. The images on each card is also well done and the pictures are easy to look at and relate to. As was noted, this oracle deck does not have court cards nor the number '10' in the minors. the minors go from 01-09 and
The cards are made of good card stock, come in a nice box that is easy to open and close, with a little 'thumb' indentation at the bottom of the box.

The small book that is included with the deck is nicely done as well. John Holland first gives an introduction to this set of cards and then goes onto explain the structure of the cards. I would recommend reading this book from the Introduction on.

I like how he suggests to hold your cards in your hands and center yourself. I have adopted this routine long before acquiring this deck, myself. It just helps you to focus on the reading at hand and to allow any psychic abilities to be noticed w/o being influenced by whatever else is going on in your life. So, I really identified with that.

I do have a habit of only using one card from this deck to answer specific questions, unless the card turned over is a chakra card. Then, I will turn over another one, till I get either a Major or Minor arcana card and read the cards in unison. This is just what feels right to me when using this deck. I am not one that really uses spreads anyway and with my other decks, I tend to stick to a 3 card draw. This Psychic Tarot Oracle however, I feel one card is often all that is required.

John does offer a few different spreads in the book for this deck, but I honestly have not tried any to date, that I can recall. However, after re-reading the book again quickly, before providing my thoughts on the deck, I think I am going to do the calendar spread and wish I had done so earlier this month! :laugh:

The book then goes on to explain some of the more well known psychic abilities and gives an exercise that you can do to develop or strengthen those abilities. Next, John lists and describes the meaning for each color that is used in this deck. I am glad that the deck overall is based on a positive reading and even in the description of the colors-he stays away from anything that is depressing, such as listing the color "black" as evil, etc. This is definitely a deck that is out to give hope to those coming for a reading and not anything else to worry about.

Then, it goes into explaining the numerology. I also like to use numerology in any tarot deck I read with for my customers, so this was another strong point with Johns deck for me. Then there is a page for each card, major, minor and the seven chakra cards in this deck. It gives a black and white image for each card then underneath it and on the back of the page, a short detailed meaning of said card.

For the Chakra cards, the book shows what the color, sound, element, and gland for the card is as well as the key meaning to the card.

Overall this deck is a tool that is also a must for anyone who wishes to develop and use their psychic abilities when reading for a customer. If you are new to this idea but eager to do this, then this is the deck for you!

Personally, I love this deck. I may try and use it more with my customers when they come for a reading, as Sibylline mentions they do. I haven't really thought about the Psychic Tarot of the Heart, and will have to go take a look, then put it on my 'wish list' with the rest of the wishes. :laugh:

:laugh: I LOVE THAT! :thumbsup: I also love your 'nickname' for this deck. :laugh: well done!

No, not at all! Even if you decide to only use the 'chakra' cards only with other decks--or the whole deck. Whatever YOU are comfortable with is the way to go. These cards are tools and adaptable to the reader. I would recommend experimenting with this idea and see how it works for you. There is no really 'wrong' way, no matter what others may feel. We are all unique and how we use the tools at hand to accomplish our goals is up to us. If it works for you--it works. Time will tell if you are on the right track. If it isn't working, then at least you gave it a try and realized it doesn't work. So go for it!

oh good! I'll check that out first, then if I like it, I will buy it/put it on the wish list.

Think of the major arcana as an overall important theme/lesson in the reading. When a major shows up in a reading, its like a flashing yellow light--telling you to be alert to the message of this card. It adds extra, "oomph!" to the whole reading.

With the minors, they just explain the way the customer receives the information in regards to what question was asked. Actually, John Holland explains this better in the book on pg. 01. Luckily with this deck, you do not have to worry about court cards, which generally represent people or perhaps how a person should act/shouldn't act. But, the beauty of this deck is you do not have to worry about court cards. Those cards are notorious for their difficulties for people reading tarot to get use too. :laugh: they are probably the hardest group in the tarot deck! Which makes me realize, that perhaps this Psychic Tarot deck would be an excellent choice for a beginner to use! So, Clovergirl, I think I would HIGHLY recommend this for your 9yr. old to get and use. :)

eta: this very, long post and I forgot to add that I too wish only the cards were smaller in size! the only 'con' I can think of. I have small hands too and its not easy to handle this deck due to its size.

Thank you so much Celticnoodle for such a detailed and thoughtful response! I have been working with this deck for a little bit and Love it! I would have to agree with all your pro's and also your con! I do wish the cards were just a bit smaller as well :)

Angelove

My nine year old was shopping online for his first set of cards. Any pros or cons for him with this deck?

Thank you! (I hope this was not supposed to be a new thread, if so, I apologize).

Thank you!

I would think this could be a wonderful deck for your son to start out with! I had seen once a childrens deck - Vibrational earth children, the artwork and illustration is done by Kim Dreyer who I absolutely love since she did Concious Spirit Oracle- My first love and first oracle deck ever :)

I found this link -
http://www.vibrational-energy.com/vibrational-earth-children-oracle-deck.html

greatdane

Am enjoying reading this thread

Thanks for all the info, CelticNoodle! I do have one question though. So, do you really think of this as more the Psychic ORACLE or do you still see in the tarot realm? Not that it matters regarding getting great readings, it just sounds like it's a lot more oracle than tarot or...not? Would love to read feelings on this.

celticnoodle

Thanks for all the info, CelticNoodle! I do have one question though. So, do you really think of this as more the Psychic ORACLE or do you still see in the tarot realm? Not that it matters regarding getting great readings, it just sounds like it's a lot more oracle than tarot or...not? Would love to read feelings on this.

Good Question, GD!

It is very much like the tarot, however, it doesn't have court cards, so many people would say this isn't tarot--it IS an oracle. It is also labeled as an oracle. Its title is actually "The Psychic Tarot: Oracle Deck".

This said, I do find the cards to be very good with its reflections on questions you pose for it. The deck also offers 7 'chakra' cards--one card each relating to the 7 major chakras that can also offer some guidance to your question - with how to really look at the situation and deal with it accordingly.

I think perhaps this would also be an excellent deck to meditate with too. At any rate, my interest since this thread popped up has been rekindled and I'm not leaving it here at our vacation home anymore--it is going with me for awhile back and forth. :laugh:

I did a calendar spread reading (this spread is one mentioned in the booklet that comes with this deck) yesterday. So, I'm eager to see how the cards made out. Of course since yesterday was Jan. 30, I had the first card be for the month of Feb. so I won't really find out till the end of next month. I'm not one to normally use a spread--but thought I'd try it out.

greatdane

Thanks for sharing that, CelticNoodle!

I enjoy reading how people get such great readings and was just wondering how those of you who have it, view it. Like reading it with the idea of tarot or more just, well, reading it like an oracle.

Does information that come with it help or do you feel you just kind of fly, or read it, by the seat of your pants kind of thing? (OK that just sounded weird, sorry, I was trying to think of how to put that!).

I see there are TWO, there is a second one as well by Mr. Holland, both called the Psychic Tarot? I think you are all talking about the first one?

I really liked reading your experiences with it, CelticNoodle and may just have to give this deck a go!

celticnoodle

I enjoy reading how people get such great readings and was just wondering how those of you who have it, view it. Like reading it with the idea of tarot or more just, well, reading it like an oracle.

Does information that come with it help or do you feel you just kind of fly, or read it, by the seat of your pants kind of thing? (OK that just sounded weird, sorry, I was trying to think of how to put that!).

The book that comes with the deck is very informative, yes. But for most of the cards too, you can take one look at it and 'know' what it means. Now, I am an intuitive reader anyway, so maybe it is just 'me', not sure how others will think of it. :laugh: I knew what you meant! :D

I see there are TWO, there is a second one as well by Mr. Holland, both called the Psychic Tarot? I think you are all talking about the first one?

I really liked reading your experiences with it, CelticNoodle and may just have to give this deck a go!

The 2nd one, I think is called the Psychic Tarot for the Heart Oracle Deck. I don't have that one--yet....but I did put it on my 'wish list'. :D that wish list is ever growing. not that I really need anymore decks....but.........

check out this site, for his decks and his books-

http://johnholland.com/store/booksjournals

I notice another deck too that I haven't heard of. Gotta check it out too. I have this book that I like too, of his-

PSYCHIC NAVIGATOR - Harnessing Your Inner Guidance

and I've also read "THE SPIRIT WHISPERER - Chronicles of a Medium" of his too--but I think I got that as a library book or something.

greatdane

Thanks for that info, Celticnoodle!

It really helps to read other's views that have certain decks, their experiences.

I have seen scans and visually I thought was a very cool deck. I didn't know much about it, so it is great to learn more here!