Storyworld Cards

Aerin

Zelmira said:
Aerin:
I already got Faery Magic, so it may be a reprint. Now, I have one set that is called Stories of the Sea. The one you are mentioning could be the same one renamed or may be there is a Part II to it.
Zelmira

That's what I was wondering.

I've been caught out with American publishers renaming paperbacks before now, or else publishing a "new" book that is 95% of an old one plus a smidge of a new short story. I'm not so much of a completist that I want a second edition with different cover of anything.

Aerin

Just got the two new decks today. Love the Silver Bullet!!!! And the witch is gorgeous.

Did anyone else notice Maggie Kneen's name as an artist for the Christmas set? (There is more than one artist as usual.) She did the Old English Tarot I think, I recognised the name.

ps I agree, monster hunter = steampunk

HearthCricket

Aerin said:
Just got the two new decks today. Love the Silver Bullet!!!! And the witch is gorgeous.

Did anyone else notice Maggie Kneen's name as an artist for the Christmas set? (There is more than one artist as usual.) She did the Old English Tarot I think, I recognised the name.

ps I agree, monster hunter = steampunk

Aerin, I have an interesting question for you. I could not help but notice that the Witch on Halloween night was flying over a snow covered ground. Is this the usual weather for England or Europe that time of year? Here in New England we will have bare trees with leaves rustling across the ground, but the weather will range from a frosty moonlit night to warm and even humid rainy one. I can't remember ever having snow on the ground at Halloween, even if we had a few snow squalls during the month of October. The ground is just too warm still to stick. It is a beautiful card, though. I just felt like she was flying on Christmas Eve, so was curious!

IheartTarot

HearthCricket said:
Aerin, I have an interesting question for you. I could not help but notice that the Witch on Halloween night was flying over a snow covered ground. Is this the usual weather for England or Europe that time of year? Here in New England we will have bare trees with leaves rustling across the ground, but the weather will range from a frosty moonlit night to warm and even humid rainy one. I can't remember ever having snow on the ground at Halloween, even if we had a few snow squalls during the month of October. The ground is just too warm still to stick. It is a beautiful card, though. I just felt like she was flying on Christmas Eve, so was curious!

Does it say it is Halloween night? (still waiting for mine)

Aerin

HearthCricket said:

Well, we haven't had snow in October in the UK for a while, I've known it frosty and cold. I went to New England one October and it was definitely a lot warmer than the UK.

On the other hand.... 2008

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oct/29/weather-london

European ski resots opened early that year.

But Europe is huge and the weather varies a lot.

HearthCricket

IheartTarot said:
Does it say it is Halloween night? (still waiting for mine)

Yep! In the booklet. She talks about how she likes to fly on Halloween night with her fellow witches, how the veil is thin on that night, and how humans are trick or treating. I just found the snowy part really strange! lol

IheartTarot

HearthCricket said:
Yep! In the booklet. She talks about how she likes to fly on Halloween night with her fellow witches, how the veil is thin on that night, and how humans are trick or treating. I just found the snowy part really strange! lol

OK thanks, have you heard of the Halloween Blizzard (of 1991)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_Blizzard

I hadn't but it came up in a google search :)

HearthCricket

IheartTarot said:
OK thanks, have you heard of the Halloween Blizzard (of 1991)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_Blizzard

I hadn't but it came up in a google search :)

Ah, interesting! I remember the Perfect Storm, as it related to the fishermen out of North Shore who were lost at sea, but at the time I was in bed after a long illness and just got out of the hospital, planning my wedding and picking out tiles, rugs and paint colours for our new home. I think I slept right through the entire holiday!

IheartTarot

The Witch

HearthCricket said:

My Tales from the Haunted House arrived today :)

The Witch says "On Halloween, I fly a long way to celebrate with my fellow witches." She must be flying from the North Pole :D Is that a ghostbuster on the roof? How soon can I start doing Halloween readings? :D

http://i51.tinypic.com/53o3sw.jpg

jcwirish

IheartTarot said:
My Tales from the Haunted House arrived today :)

The Witch says "On Halloween, I fly a long way to celebrate with my fellow witches." She must be flying from the North Pole :D Is that a ghostbuster on the roof? How soon can I start doing Halloween readings? :D

http://i51.tinypic.com/53o3sw.jpg

I've never seen these or even heard of them, but I love that witch. I may have to order some of these. I'm glad I found this thread.