Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

An experiment!

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Lenormand


 
alyna's Avatar
alyna  alyna is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Aug 2011
Location: Mars, Solar System
Posts: 952
alyna 
An experiment!


After 1.5 (or more) months of drawing daily cards, I figured one thing:

They confuse me more about the meanings of the card. When I draw three cards for one day and at the end of the day I try to attach a meaning to those cards to somehow fit the description of my day, it does not matter whether they actually fit or not, I just twist it around.

Besides, those incidents which the cards indicate usually take longer than a day to manifest.Therefore, since October 1st I started an experiment.

I drew 7 cards of my deck and they together represent the theme for the week. While on other hand each card individually represents theme for each day of the week.

The cards were:
Storks + Bear + Clover + Sun + Man + Ring + Ship

It fitted the description of the week, the week started with major changes regarding cash flows and ended with lots of longing. There was lots of travelling in sun and a man went overseas due to his job contract.I didn't even have to try to figure out the hidden meanings.

This experiment was a success so I decided to take another chance at it.

For the next week:
Man + Cross + Snake + Mountain + Anchor + Dog + Key

The middle of the week looks like problematic and end will bring success.It looks like a hard week though.

Just wanted to share with you all!

xx
Top   #1
Flaxen's Avatar
Flaxen  Flaxen is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 03 Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,198
Flaxen 

I'm pleased you have found a method which works for you. I too found daily draws didn't really work for me using Lenormand cards.

I like to do a 9 square every couple of weeks to see what will come up in that time period. It's good to cross-reference those with the GT too. Do you find that your cards for this week give a similar message to the first week in your GT?
Top   #2
alyna's Avatar
alyna  alyna is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Aug 2011
Location: Mars, Solar System
Posts: 952
alyna 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxen View Post
I'm pleased you have found a method which works for you. I too found daily draws didn't really work for me using Lenormand cards.

I like to do a 9 square every couple of weeks to see what will come up in that time period. It's good to cross-reference those with the GT too. Do you find that your cards for this week give a similar message to the first week in your GT?
yes, 3/7 cards are directly from the GT.

The GT shows I'm making a decision which will bring me success and luck, it says something about lily+whip+scythe+garden, which is not really sinking in yet

It did show a man moving away (man+ship) towards a new beginning (new job) and the decision is about an emotional obstacle which will be resolved good i hope with flowers in the end (roads+moon+mountains+flowers)

The theme card for the week was Clover

So generally I've found the week draw easy to focus on during the week and the GT good for the whole month situations, specially when houses are included.

So overall, its all good
Top   #3
andybc  andybc is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Dec 2004
Location: Europe
Posts: 711
andybc 

Iíve been using that method for sometime for weekly readings: I take the fourth card as the central theme, 1-3 (mirror 1+5, 2+6, 3+7), 5-7 (mirror 5+1, 6+2, 7+3) as two important events/issues and then each card as a day. Iíve found it very reliable and insightful.

The 3x3 I've only ever found useful to explore very specific questions, or a recurring card. For general readings I always use the Line of Nine.
Top   #4
alyna's Avatar
alyna  alyna is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Aug 2011
Location: Mars, Solar System
Posts: 952
alyna 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybc View Post
Iíve been using that method for sometime for weekly readings: I take the fourth card as the central theme, 1-3 (mirror 1+5, 2+6, 3+7), 5-7 (mirror 5+1, 6+2, 7+3) as two important events/issues and then each card as a day. Iíve found it very reliable and insightful.

The 3x3 I've only ever found useful to explore very specific questions, or a recurring card. For general readings I always use the Line of Nine.
you mentioned the Line of Nine before as well and I asked you too, but you probably did not see that post, is it 9 cards in a line?
Top   #5
andybc  andybc is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Dec 2004
Location: Europe
Posts: 711
andybc 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyna View Post
you mentioned the Line of Nine before as well and I asked you too, but you probably did not see that post, is it 9 cards in a line?
I thought we had done one on your Fox card? You lay the cards 1 to 9 left to right and you read straight across, but also reflecting cards i.e. 1 + 9, 2 + 8 etc.

The fifth card, the one in the middle, acts as a focus as itís the hinge in the reading. It is read in combination with the cards either side of it as well as alone to give a theme or focus right at the start.

I've found it really useful to get to the heart of an issue in some depth, but also good for general readings.
Top   #6
alyna's Avatar
alyna  alyna is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Aug 2011
Location: Mars, Solar System
Posts: 952
alyna 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybc View Post
I thought we had done one on your Fox card? You lay the cards 1 to 9 left to right and you read straight across, but also reflecting cards i.e. 1 + 9, 2 + 8 etc.

The fifth card, the one in the middle, acts as a focus as itís the hinge in the reading. It is read in combination with the cards either side of it as well as alone to give a theme or focus right at the start.

I've found it really useful to get to the heart of an issue in some depth, but also good for general readings.
no, i did one for fox repeat-offender and you never confirmed me if i did it right

lets try that then, i will focus on "what M thinks about me"

he's a friend, a close one, i don't know if we are heading on a romantic front

rider + fox + man + storks + coffin + heart + dog + snake + Birds

Coffin tells me there is clear transformation in the relationship, in his thinking about me.this transformation is an improved one with storks and heart shows me its something nicer.

rider + fox = a smart move. he's moving cautiously
rider + birds = chatting through text messages
fox + man = he's acting cautiously
fox + snake = that is worrying me, the twists are warning him
man + storks = he wants a change
storks + dog = he wants to change our friendship :O
storks + coffin = improvement through transformation
storks + heart = change of heart/emotions
Top   #7
andybc  andybc is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Dec 2004
Location: Europe
Posts: 711
andybc 

Coffin indicates that how he sees you is changing.

Rider + Fox indicates that he wants to know more; the Birds indicate a lot of discussions and chatter, often non-face to face. It also indicates itís mutual (two Birds).

Fox + Man indicates heís a cautious person, someone who likes to sniff things out. Fox + Snake there is still something you/he doesnít know. Itís never good that way round. Perhaps heís been bitten before?

This is making him hesitant, heís undecided what he wants and wont commit yet (Man + Storks), he might think you want something else or youíre going to flit Ė however he does want you in his life (Man + Dog).

However he is getting there (Storks + Coffin + Heart), and the more it moves forward the warmer he feels (Storks + Heart).

However at the moment itís all about a warm friendship between you and he (Heart + Dog + Snake), which is finding its feet (reflecting backwards) but with a lot of potential (Birds).

Iíd say he thinks very warmly of you, in a friendly way but with growing feelings. Heís like a dog sniffing the ground before it lies down Lots of potential as long as you don't rush him
Top   #8
alyna's Avatar
alyna  alyna is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Aug 2011
Location: Mars, Solar System
Posts: 952
alyna 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybc View Post
Coffin indicates that how he sees you is changing.

Rider + Fox indicates that he wants to know more; the Birds indicate a lot of discussions and chatter, often non-face to face. It also indicates itís mutual (two Birds).

Fox + Man indicates heís a cautious person, someone who likes to sniff things out. Fox + Snake there is still something you/he doesnít know. Itís never good that way round. Perhaps heís been bitten before?

This is making him hesitant, heís undecided what he wants and wont commit yet (Man + Storks), he might think you want something else or youíre going to flit Ė however he does want you in his life (Man + Dog).

However he is getting there (Storks + Coffin + Heart), and the more it moves forward the warmer he feels (Storks + Heart).

However at the moment itís all about a warm friendship between you and he (Heart + Dog + Snake), which is finding its feet (reflecting backwards) but with a lot of potential (Birds).

Iíd say he thinks very warmly of you, in a friendly way but with growing feelings. Heís like a dog sniffing the ground before it lies down Lots of potential as long as you don't rush him
i want to tell you something about fox+snake, it appeared like the snake is going to bite the fox, and i totally find it related to what happened between us before this

we were not always really close friends, but he liked me since day 1 and i knew it, but one day he came up and i was discussing a song and he in front of everyone twisted the words around, making it like a proposal, to me. everyone got the point and i didn't like it being made public. so i immediately said to him what he thought he was doing

so i guess this is where he got cautious!
Top   #9
andybc  andybc is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Dec 2004
Location: Europe
Posts: 711
andybc 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyna View Post
i want to tell you something about fox+snake, it appeared like the snake is going to bite the fox, and i totally find it related to what happened between us before this

we were not always really close friends, but he liked me since day 1 and i knew it, but one day he came up and i was discussing a song and he in front of everyone twisted the words around, making it like a proposal, to me. everyone got the point and i didn't like it being made public. so i immediately said to him what he thought he was doing

so i guess this is where he got cautious!
I was always told to pay close attention to how those two fall in relation to each other:

Snake + Fox = the Snake (woman) will help you uncover or fathom out the Fox
Fox + Snake = like you say, it looks like the snake is about to bite and it indicates you need to be careful. It can be a warning of back stabbing.

If the fall ontop of each other, say in a tableau or 21 card reading,they are rivals and you could get caught in the crossfire.

It sounds silly, but it has proved good advice.
Top   #10




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.